Calor Gas

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Calor Gas

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

steptoe wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:40 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:06 pm I've a selection of bottles to try and skip the shortages if I cant get one type I might be able to get another....

I've a camper so have the smaller 3.9 jobbies for that

Calor let you swap between butane and propane of the same type which went down "really well" when your local boat yard didn't have a butane he was not impressed for some reason :?

https://www.calor.co.uk/gas-bottles/ref ... ns/refills

I've a selection of regulators in a box ..

Be aware that none calor click on butane are 1mm different in size
Hi mate i don't suppose you know the tare weight of a 13kg calor propane i looked on line but struggling to find the answer , i just got a bottle ofr £30 the guy says it is over half full , i might try the hot water down it tomorrow but to dark and cold right now lol , i will also try it on the bathroom scales tomorrow thank if you know

Look on the neck under the valve for the tare weight pic stolen from the internet off a 6kg bottle
Screenshot_20221119-185751.png

It's in old money (lbs) so you need to convert lbs to kg

18lb 12oz is 8.5kg near as makes no odds

12.8kg (example weighed on the scales nett) - 8.5 (empty cylinder (tare) = 4.3 kg remaining
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Thanks to andy once again i got it 34.04 is lb so 15.44kg will be taken offthe total weight tomorrow lol what a site you can find the answer to nearly everything here
skaterayd

Post by skaterayd »

Our house has no mains gas so we run on the 47kg bottles of Calor.

Calor can be their own worst enemy when it comes to empty bottles as the delivery drivers sometimes can't be bothered to 'pick up the empties'.

In our rural community, empty bottles can often be found at the Tip (recycling centre or whatever the call them these days) and the guys that work there are more often than not, quite willing to let you just take one or two if you need them.

So my advice is, if you don't live in a rural area, make some friends there...
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

skaterayd wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:39 pm Our house has no mains gas so we run on the 47kg bottles of Calor.

Calor can be their own worst enemy when it comes to empty bottles as the delivery drivers sometimes can't be bothered to 'pick up the empties'.

In our rural community, empty bottles can often be found at the Tip (recycling centre or whatever the call them these days) and the guys that work there are more often than not, quite willing to let you just take one or two if you need them.

So my advice is, if you don't live in a rural area, make some friends there...
Hi thank you for the idea yes we did use to live in a smaller village and moved to the midlands , we do not know many here so it has been hard to find things back where i am from i knew everyone and we all knew well near everything lol but i have managed to get one now wink wink that is why i make friends with what my name stands for gypies lol i am a steptoe at heart lol , if i can find it for nowt i will lol but i will also ask travellers , we are not sure thta my dad's family where not travellers of some sort as they are irish and well one uncle never settled in a place for long once the kids grew he was off wandering from country to country lol.

Thanks again for the idea , but you are also right on the collection people i remember them not wanting to take empties
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

We used to have probs with that too, when we moved down here we left 2 empty 47kg cylinders.