AAA Batteries

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
steptoe

Re: AAA Batteries

Post by steptoe »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:19 pm
steptoe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:55 am @jenny i got some of the cheap national geo walkie talkies wife went to the village the other day and we could still hear each other that was a mile so got to be good for just those trips lol saves the mobile texting .
To satisfy my curiosity, leave batteries on but turned off for a couple of weeks and test again. I might have been unlucky with my cheap pair which depleted batteries even when off. I read it's a common flaw.
I do have a question about batteries again i have the ladda ones now 6 packs now but i wonder about the amazon throw aways as i call them we do have a charger for alkaline batteries but has anyone used the amazon range 100 for £20 just wondering for a throw in the battery box and also some aaa and may be some d and c may be some 9v to just cheapies but how good are they before i buy to many
No idea about the amazon alkalines, but that's cheap as chips.
See the farnel website for data sheets for regular brands.
https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/batteries-ch ... es&gs=true
Hi Jenny i think you got unlucky i have read people saying about battery drain but we have been using these for weeks now and they are great , but i also have to say the ikea batteries you told me to get are great and they sure do hold a charge , i use mine in a mega bright torch for night we sometimes have people on the canal path screaming or stuff and i can from my bathroom window shine a light and it is a spotlight lol and well most just move on these batteries seemed to have made the torch even better lol i use to use duracell not no more so thanks hon
British Red

Post by British Red »

I use Amazon alkaline batteries. They're great - brilliant value. Their NiMH are not as good as eneloops though
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

With some things you have to pay for quality items and eneloop are one of those items IMO.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:19 pm
steptoe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:55 am @jenny i got some of the cheap national geo walkie talkies wife went to the village the other day and we could still hear each other that was a mile so got to be good for just those trips lol saves the mobile texting .
To satisfy my curiosity, leave batteries on but turned off for a couple of weeks and test again. I might have been unlucky with my cheap pair which depleted batteries even when off. I read it's a common flaw.
I do have a question about batteries again i have the ladda ones now 6 packs now but i wonder about the amazon throw aways as i call them we do have a charger for alkaline batteries but has anyone used the amazon range 100 for £20 just wondering for a throw in the battery box and also some aaa and may be some d and c may be some 9v to just cheapies but how good are they before i buy to many
No idea about the amazon alkalines, but that's cheap as chips.
See the farnel website for data sheets for regular brands.
https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/batteries-ch ... es&gs=true
Hi Jenny ok wife just checked now it has been 6 weeks ish and they are still saying full now bare in mind we have used them a few times to as i was bed ridden for a few weeks and these are still saying full on the power , i think you just got unlucky these little geo graphic walkies are great for us and as i say the village is about 1 mile may be less as the crow flies and i could hear the wife clear as a bell not much crackle on it at all so we are well pleased i got 3 sets in total and testing each pair now .