Survival truck ...

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Vitamin c

Survival truck ...

Post by Vitamin c »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... LYPSE.html

Super truck designed to survive the apocalypse... fancy one.
Fill er up jacko...
Medusa

Re: Survival truck ...

Post by Medusa »

Proper fancy that! Not much space to carry stuff though and would need a trailer unless you had an equally impressive bug out location. Not exactly stealthy either and not at that price. Would like to see if it could stand up to their promises of it being impenetrable to external forces, notice that they do not show any testing on the video. Nice toy though, will add it to my lottery win list :D
Growing old disgracefully!
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Having that sort of truck in a shtf suitation you would still need fuel a change of tyres or it could end up a very expensive white elephant.
Fill er up jacko...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Medusa wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:46 pm . Would like to see if it could stand up to their promises of it being impenetrable to external forces,

Somehow this impenetrable to outside forces might stop at one man and a 1ft crowbar....
Fairchild-A10-Warthog-Gear-Patrol-Lead-1440.jpg
Would open it up like a rancid sardine can on a hot day :twisted:

Once it's survived an Armageddon blast what would be left of it? Tyres would be gone at the very least and I'm guessing the emp would wipe out the ECU etc
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

What would make a good survival vehicle , I would go for a grayman approach something that would blend in not create any attention.
A small to medium size vw van reliable plenty of others around for spares or repairs.
Fill er up jacko...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Vitamin c wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:17 am What would make a good survival vehicle , I would go for a grayman approach something that would blend in not create any attention.
A small to medium size vw van reliable plenty of others around for spares or repairs.
Something like a ford focus in a boring silver colour loads about for scavenging bits of needed
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:57 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:17 am What would make a good survival vehicle , I would go for a grayman approach something that would blend in not create any attention.
Something like a ford focus in a boring silver colour loads about for scavenging bits of needed
Totally agree with that Yorkshire Andy. My last motor was a 7 year old Fiesta that I used like a van. Timber,firewood,fishing kit,purchased fridges and washing machines blah blah. When it came to service,everything was available so easily. Also its fuel economy was bang on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

No problem , if Hollywood has taught us anything it's that petrol.never goes off and can be syphoned off and used years after an event. Oh and tyres never go flat and roads stay nice and clear ...
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:36 pm No problem , if Hollywood has taught us anything it's that petrol.never goes off and can be syphoned off and used years after an event. Oh and tyres never go flat and roads stay nice and clear ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Honda jazz driver here. Very grey man. Only downside is that it's natural habitat (garden centres) probably won't survive the apocalypse.