Electric scooters to become legal on UK roads.

Logistics and Transport
Rusty74

Re: Electric scooters to become legal on UK roads.

Post by Rusty74 »

just come back after 3 days in birmingham for eldest daughters graduation and there a menace,on and off pavements riding against traffic,soon as someone gets killed on one im sure the goverment will bring in laws for them
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
ukpreppergrrl

Re: Electric scooters to become legal on UK roads.

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

People have already been killed on them. Some because they were riding like twits and ended up under a lorry, others because the scooter wasn't roadworthy and they too ended up under a lorry (e.g. tyre came off, scooter keeled over, inevitable happened given the road was busy)

I presume at the very least there will need to be legislation about the scooters being roadworthy, same as laws for other electric powered vehicles (e.g. electric wheelchairs above a certain power): they must have proper lights that are working; they must have proper working brakes; they must have a horn; they must have a valid licence plate; they must be roadworthy; they must be insured. Given the speed they can go at I would hope they'd also make a helmet compulsory. The scooters that you can legally hire and ride on the road all seem to have these, with the exception of the licence plate, though they all do have a unique number on them which I guess is the equivalent - it allows you to identify the scooter.
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb