How is everyone dealing with rising prices?

For all things financial
Frnc

Re: How is everyone dealing with rising prices?

Post by Frnc »

Was thawed after 2 days, just put my second one in the fridge ready for Sunday. I froze two square plastic tubs full. It's a great system. About 10 days' milk from one bottle.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I did it for 30 years when we lived too far out for frequent shopping, got milk once a week and froze it.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Pour it into ice cube trays/bags and you'll have individual servings. :D
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

pseudonym wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:34 pm Pour it into ice cube trays/bags and you'll have individual servings. :D
Now there is an economical idea. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well we have always shopped around and we are now like some looking at more storage option on products but i hope it is ok to put a seller we just found on ebay that is so cheap well we brought a huge stock off him , he has amazing prices and for us of us on lower money who need to save it is great to find someone who is happy to make a little profit and also try and pass on a saving , i think he said he buys wholesale and can short dated but some of the stuff well we all know coffee is good past it's date and so on , plus he is now getting machines in cooking wise and stuff i hope ok to put his shop on here if we can all grab bargains why should we not help each other , just leave some for me lol .

Ok if it is not allowed mods please remove the link but omg my wife has to have the iron supplement and we got 6 boxes from him a £10 it is crazy she has been paying up to £14 a box .
Also anyone with little ones needing a d3 boost he has a liquid for it as getting kids to take pills not so easy i guess

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/jksthriftsho ... 3561.l2563
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Oh on the frozen milk who remembers as a kid in the 70's asking parents to buy sterilsed milk in the winter as the top 1 inch or so was frozen omg like them milk lollies you get these days i use to love it .

I have never tried freezing milk but i will from now on but do you have to do it on day or purchase or say we have used 1 litre out of a 2 litre bottle can we pour the rest in ice cube trays and freeze ok look forward to this idea to save us money we use cravendale and it ain't cheap
jansman

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:18 am Oh on the frozen milk who remembers as a kid in the 70's asking parents to buy sterilsed milk in the winter as the top 1 inch or so was frozen omg like them milk lollies you get these days i use to love it .

I have never tried freezing milk but i will from now on but do you have to do it on day or purchase or say we have used 1 litre out of a 2 litre bottle can we pour the rest in ice cube trays and freeze ok look forward to this idea to save us money we use cravendale and it ain't cheap
Freeze it before the use by date. ;) I am the only one who drinks milk ,so I freeze half of a 2 pint frequently.

Robert Frost.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jansman wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:55 pm
steptoe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:18 am Oh on the frozen milk who remembers as a kid in the 70's asking parents to buy sterilsed milk in the winter as the top 1 inch or so was frozen omg like them milk lollies you get these days i use to love it .

Freeze it before the use by date. ;) I am the only one who drinks milk ,so I freeze half of a 2 pint frequently.
Ok thank you i will try it we have some UHT milk aswell i might try doing a batch ofUHT and a Batch of cravendale and see what works best we do not use a lot of milk i am not meant to have any shhhhhhhhhhh don't tel lthe doctor lol , sometimes you have to have milk in tea but i do not in coffee now i am getting better lol but the wife still has it and for cereal so i am thinking we can buy in the larger carton freeze half , lol got ot find a way to save money and not keep lossing produce
jansman

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:03 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Ok thank you i will try it we have some UHT milk aswell i might try doing a batch ofUHT and a Batch of cravendale and see what works best we do not use a lot of milk i am not meant to have any shhhhhhhhhhh don't tel lthe doctor lol , sometimes you have to have milk in tea but i do not in coffee now i am getting better lol but the wife still has it and for cereal so i am thinking we can buy in the larger carton freeze half , lol got ot find a way to save money and not keep lossing produce
My wife is lactose intolerant,and I drink strong tea with the merest splash of milk,so I understand how you are with your own milk. ;)

Robert Frost.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

I do cheat from time to time for me it just means well a few extra visits to the little room lol , i am lactose and wheat intolerant but don't tell my body lol it was after the accident my brain was damaged and has since slowly started to close stuff down but as long as i wake up that is the bonus to me , i do now and then have a bar of chocolate but i pay the price but wheat does cause pain but it just means more pain meds , my body is well running out of time but i refuse to let the battle be lost with out a fight .

We stock food that has wheat in but only small amounts but as we say in a food or starve situation a bit of belly ache is worth it if the food keeps you going .

We do as a rule try and stick to the diet but again a cheat now and then is nothing i had to stop smoking years ago i had to stop drinking well that was choice if i am honest , had to give up so much in my diet so well i just know if i cheat and get pain i know why and take the punishment lol .