Car kit

Logistics and Transport
ASX

Re: Car kit

Post by ASX »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:07 pm If you want to warm stuff in the car get a 12v travel kettle but be aware that they are slow
If you were stuck in traffic for 7 hours like the OP, you might just have enough time to make a brew :D :P
Mockingjay

Post by Mockingjay »

I always travel with water and a portable toilet :D I think I'm going to add a blanket as well.....

I have a xsara picasso and they do have some extra spaces bellow the floor pannels in the back passengers side. It's a good space to store this kind of things
"Best case scenario we have extra food, worse case scenario we have food"
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Mockingjay wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:46 pm I always travel with water and a portable toilet :D I think I'm going to add a blanket as well.....
I have 2 ex Army summer sleeping bags; each one stuffed into a cushion cover and left on the back seats, instant camouflage from passerbys.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

We have always kept sleeping bags or blankets in the car. Some years ago we had to evacuate our flat at night after a neighbour went up in flames. Our kids and our neighbours went in the bags in the car while the adults waited to find out if/when we would be allowed back home. Kids all safe, secure and warm despite the chaos.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I had not thought of a book. Now added. thank you