rik_uk3

Health and wood burning stoves

Post by rik_uk3 »

Health and woodburners

Interesting article

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... eport-says
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
mbbaltic

Re: Health and wood burning stoves

Post by mbbaltic »

It says it combines burning wood on open fires and in stoves so that’s always going to make it appear that wood stoves are worse than they are. And that’s before you get into the difference between burning properly seasoned wood versus any old rubbish treated with nasty chemicals
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

They are coming after any type of self sufficiency.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
British Red

Post by British Red »

It also makes no analysis of population density. The difference in air quality between urban and rural areas is extremely large - reducing population density would be far more effective at managing respiratory disease
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am a solid fuel burner, it’s my primary heat source. I drive a car, I breathe and fart, I consume electric,water,food. In short;I pollute- humans pollute.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Any old stuff filled with nasty chemicals. ..

Well that's what I've burnt for years WoodchiP and I can only see in The future councils keeping a eye on what you burn, legislation, fines , or even some sort of licence to burn .

It's obvious that because of what is happening with fuel prices theirs going to be a big surge in folk getting stoves being fitted.
Fill er up jacko...
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

There was a big increase in people buying buying wood burners a few years ago, they were a bit of a 'must have' item but I know two friends and a cousin of mine who rarely use them because of the cost of good wood; unless you have a good supply of wood of the right quality and price they are not a cheap option certainly if its a stand alone heater and not tied into your central heating but if nothing else they are a great back up for emergencies and they look good ;)
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am drinking home brew in front one of my multi fuel burners. The National Grid can f### Off. Our crooked government can’t take tax off that. That’s where laws make people like me criminals! :lol: :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Just goes to show, look after yourself because "they" won't. They're all too busy looking to their own interests. And nobody can see what you're burning after dark.
jansman

Post by jansman »

It won’t be long before the law changes,I am sure. Our local council has spent £50,000 !!! on air monitoring kit primarily to check on solid fuel burning,I kid you not. At the same time,UK government has approached the owners of Ratcliffe and Burton ( Drax too I believe) which are ‘Black’ coal stations - due to be decommissioned in the uk’s relentless quest to plunge us into the cold and dark- as they are concerned about fuel shortages.They want them on standby next Winter.I guess because Ivan is already using his gas as a weapon.

Robert Frost.

Me.