Writing a script for my EPQ Project

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
User avatar
Smudge
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by Smudge » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:28 pm

jansman wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 pm
You will have made Big Paul’s day over there on SurvivalUk! That’s the most activity over there in ages.Now if you are talking nutters ,Big Paul is yer man. :D He’s banned here.
Thought he'd be dead by now, either old age or pistol crossbow accident.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

jansman
Posts: 9802
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by jansman » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:42 pm

Smudge wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:28 pm
jansman wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 pm
You will have made Big Paul’s day over there on SurvivalUk! That’s the most activity over there in ages.Now if you are talking nutters ,Big Paul is yer man. :D He’s banned here.
Thought he'd be dead by now, either old age or pistol crossbow accident.
He can’t be far off.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.

User avatar
jennyjj01
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by jennyjj01 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:56 pm

jansman wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 pm
You will have made Big Paul’s day over there on SurvivalUk! That’s the most activity over there in ages.Now if you are talking nutters ,Big Paul is yer man. :D He’s banned here.
Thanks for giving the hint to another prepping forum. I will probably join there. Not so much a competitor site as an alternative slant on the same topic. They must have ideas there that we uk-preppers can use. I'll give back, of course, not just plagiarise.

Is it permitted to link to there from here?

I did see an amusing 15 month food list. OMG. they must have big appetites over there. Need to rethink my humble tonne if I aspire to spin it out for 15 months. Somebody has the scale a bit wrong and I hope it's not me. E.g. for one person for 15 months, 100lb flour, 100lb rice, 100lb oats, 100lb pasta, 125lb wheat, 100 tins of beans, 100 tins tomatoes, 200 tins of fruit etc etc. Their 15 months ration list makes mine look like a scant picnic.
In the interest of content creation for here, I propose some sort of comparative analysis. See what they've thought of that I haven't.
Would that be acceptable here?

JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Free hug vouchers. Please take one and copy and redistribute as often as you like.
Redeemable on demand.

jansman
Posts: 9802
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by jansman » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:03 pm

jennyjj01 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:56 pm
jansman wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 pm
You will have made Big Paul’s day over there on SurvivalUk! That’s the most activity over there in ages.Now if you are talking nutters ,Big Paul is yer man. :D He’s banned here.
Thanks for giving the hint to another prepping forum. I will probably join there. Not so much a competitor site as an alternative slant on the same topic. They must have ideas there that we uk-preppers can use. I'll give back, of course, not just plagiarise.

Is it permitted to link to there from here?

I did see an amusing 15 month food list. OMG. they must have big appetites over there. Need to rethink my humble tonne if I aspire to spin it out for 15 months. Somebody has the scale a bit wrong and I hope it's not me. E.g. for one person for 15 months, 100lb flour, 100lb rice, 100lb oats, 100lb pasta, 125lb wheat, 100 tins of beans, 100 tins tomatoes, 200 tins of fruit etc etc. Their 15 months ration list makes mine look like a scant picnic.
In the interest of content creation for here, I propose some sort of comparative analysis. See what they've thought of that I haven't.
Would that be acceptable here?

JJ
Please don’t link. Big Paul is a moderator,and is banned EVERYWHERE.We don’t want anything to do with that prat.he was even banned from the BNP because his extreme views were considered an embarrassment by THEM!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.

User avatar
Smudge
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by Smudge » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:48 pm

jennyjj01 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:56 pm
jansman wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:45 pm
You will have made Big Paul’s day over there on SurvivalUk! That’s the most activity over there in ages.Now if you are talking nutters ,Big Paul is yer man. :D He’s banned here.
Thanks for giving the hint to another prepping forum. I will probably join there. Not so much a competitor site as an alternative slant on the same topic. They must have ideas there that we uk-preppers can use. I'll give back, of course, not just plagiarise.

Is it permitted to link to there from here?

I did see an amusing 15 month food list. OMG. they must have big appetites over there. Need to rethink my humble tonne if I aspire to spin it out for 15 months. Somebody has the scale a bit wrong and I hope it's not me. E.g. for one person for 15 months, 100lb flour, 100lb rice, 100lb oats, 100lb pasta, 125lb wheat, 100 tins of beans, 100 tins tomatoes, 200 tins of fruit etc etc. Their 15 months ration list makes mine look like a scant picnic.
In the interest of content creation for here, I propose some sort of comparative analysis. See what they've thought of that I haven't.
Would that be acceptable here?

JJ
That's a very peculiar list, if you're interested I can suggest searching for Ragnar Benson Urban Survival Guide, You can find it free to download online. Not everything in the book is relevant to the UK but ge does have a break down of his prep for food for a family of 4 which works out budget friendly if a lil bland.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

User avatar
jennyjj01
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by jennyjj01 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:20 pm

Smudge wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:48 pm
That's a very peculiar list, if you're interested I can suggest searching for Ragnar Benson Urban Survival Guide, You can find it free to download online. Not everything in the book is relevant to the UK but ge does have a break down of his prep for food for a family of 4 which works out budget friendly if a lil bland.
Cheers Smudge. I'll look into that.
FYI... https://b-ok.cc/book/2060386/0d9d35

Always good to compare notes.
My own workbook lists lots of detail, such as calories per portion, and portions held as well as cost per kg and cost per kCal.
Thus I can estimate based on 2000 kCal per person per day, how long my rations should last, and how soon I can expect to run out of teabags :)
Here's a link back to my stash list two years ago. Probably closer to a tonne and 18 months worth by now, though my alcohol stockpile seems a bit low lately. :) :D
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15565&start=10#p184583

That's another amusing thing about that other forum: They have questions about how to make alcohol quickly, but the answers mostly related to mouldy fruit or bread. Have they never heard of Cellar 7 wine kits? My stockpile now has a few :D
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Free hug vouchers. Please take one and copy and redistribute as often as you like.
Redeemable on demand.

Yorkshire Andy
Posts: 5655
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by Yorkshire Andy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:58 am

jennyjj01 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:20 pm


That's another amusing thing about that other forum: They have questions about how to make alcohol quickly, but the answers mostly related to mouldy fruit or bread. Have they never heard of Cellar 7 wine kits? My stockpile now has a few :D
Something about the taste of mouldy bread hooch that I think many will not touch.. when you have the option of California grapes with a slight floral hint in a tin :lol:

Bit like the red dwarf dogs milk sketch :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine

Vitamin c
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by Vitamin c » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:22 pm

BP is not a mod on suk he is or was a mod on a us site he also started his own UK site but guess what it diddent last , I believe thay all started arguments with each other and had hissy fits 😂
Amyl
And
The
Sniffers

jansman
Posts: 9802
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by jansman » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Vitamin c wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:22 pm
BP is not a mod on suk he is or was a mod on a us site he also started his own UK site but guess what it diddent last , I believe thay all started arguments with each other and had hissy fits 😂
I beg your pardon, I was under the impression he was. He certainly is on the US site, and still full of, well you know!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.

Vitamin c
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by Vitamin c » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:14 pm

The only mods on suk are straight shooter, the owner with the unpronounceable Scottish name and lightspeed all the rest left years back .

But hay it's not a biggie .
Amyl
And
The
Sniffers

Post Reply