What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
Yorkshire Andy

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:48 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:33 pm Eldest starts uni in a couple of weeks :shock:
That's great! Seconding - I hope he has a great time :)
Seemed very happy with his "bag of drugs" I got him today

Paracetamol
Iboprophen (spl)
Chemical bum cork
Sore throat lozenges
Antihistamines
Rehydration salts (ace hangover cure) ;)
Now you've got me googling something else! What is ... chemical burn cork? I'm assuming burn, not bum :lol: I found this https://osvilt.com/emergency-conditions ... hogax.html but its basically gibberish about cork.

So much knowledge is available!
loperamide hydrochloride

Aka

Imodium

couldn't for the life of me remember it's name last night :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:24 pm
Arzosah wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:48 pm
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:33 pm Eldest starts uni in a couple of weeks :shock:
That's great! Seconding - I hope he has a great time :)
Seemed very happy with his "bag of drugs" I got him today

Paracetamol
Iboprophen (spl)
Chemical bum cork
Sore throat lozenges
Antihistamines
Rehydration salts (ace hangover cure) ;)
Now you've got me googling something else! What is ... chemical burn cork? I'm assuming burn, not bum :lol: I found this https://osvilt.com/emergency-conditions ... hogax.html but its basically gibberish about cork.

So much knowledge is available!
loperamide hydrochloride

Aka

Imodium

couldn't for the life of me remember it's name last night :lol:
That's hysterical :lol: :lol: :lol: I was actually going to add "a diarrhea stopper" to your list, but I can never spell the dratted word correctly :mrgreen:
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Jerseyspud wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:13 pm *sneaks back in*

Hi all :oops: I haven't forgotten you all.... Just been busy being all loved up :oops:

Met someone new 2 months ago. And he knows about my preparations. And thinks they are a really good idea
What lovely news! :D
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:53 pm [
That's hysterical :lol: :lol: :lol: I was actually going to add "a diarrhea stopper" to your list, but I can never spell the dratted word correctly :mrgreen:

Nor could I last night had to go dig a pack out to get the name / spelling I had a total mental block 🤣

But chemical cork is what it is :mrgreen:

Just been round refilling the little candle lanterns with new 8hr tea lights since the nights are closing in rapidly yes not the safest form of light but in little enclosed lanterns I'm not overly worried about the fire risk obviously care is needed but it's as safe as you can probably get with a flame enclosed in a glass and metal frame
Screenshot_20210830-211444.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Le Mouse wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi all :oops: I haven't forgotten you all.... Just been busy being all loved up :oops:

Met someone new 2 months ago. And he knows about my preparations. And thinks they are a really good idea
Thank you ♥️♥️ after my ex and what he didn't I didn't think I would meet anyone else but it happened!
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Jerseyspud wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:02 pm
Le Mouse wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you ♥️♥️ after my ex and what he didn't I didn't think I would meet anyone else but it happened!
Good on you mate, hope Mr New treats you right.
Really great that he's at least prep-aware...... Even if he hasn't fallen down the rabbit-hole (yet ;) )
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Those wee Ikea lanterns are great, I keep one lit in each empty room, like the kitchen and loo and hall.
And "dire rear" is how you spellit. Loperamide is great stuff, you can buy the generic online. :mrgreen:
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

If you go down with a dose of the Jaipui Jitters think before reaching for medication to stop it. If you maintain your fluid intake, take something like Rehidrat it will let your body carry on and flush out whatever caused the problem in the first place; you don't want to take medication that will retain whatever triggered your problem straight away better to let nature flush you through.

If your drinking fizzy drinks (lemonade/coke/sports) to help rehydrate let them go 'flat' before drinking because carbonated drinks may well irritate an already unset stomach and that goes for your probiotic yogurt too, lay off it for a few days.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 pmAnd "dire rear" is how you spellit. Loperamide is great stuff, you can buy the generic online. :mrgreen:
Wonderful :lol:
Jillybean

Post by Jillybean »

Just starting to get back into my preps after losing my mum earlier this year. I have set up a "bee prepared" wallet for my youngest who is going off to secondary school. She loves bees and takes an interest in being prepared.
Her mini kit includes:
Emergency money for the bus in case her phone goes missing
A physical list of I.C.E. numbers
A mini sewing kit and safety pins
Emergency masks (she has to get the bus)
Heal plasters (new shoes)
Plasters
Feminine products.
2 pain meds, in case of bad cramps (not supposed to do this, but I have given strict instructions of not to give to anyone).

It's really nice she is interested in this.