What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 8.

Post by diamond lil »

Just spent a really horrible half hour searching the whole house for the cat (house cat, never been outside in her life). Tiny wee house, turned everything upside downm crawled under sofas and chairs, etc etc.
Finally found the wee sod inside the huge box of Surf, stuck and sneezing her head off :twisted: :twisted:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:57 am Just spent a really horrible half hour searching the whole house for the cat (house cat, never been outside in her life). Tiny wee house, turned everything upside downm crawled under sofas and chairs, etc etc.
Finally found the wee sod inside the huge box of Surf, stuck and sneezing her head off :twisted: :twisted:
Oh Lil! I feel for you - glad it turned out all right, but blimey, the places they get to! Here's one I made earlier:
Catinabox.jpg
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

managed to pick up another ex army arctic sleeping bag and bivvy bag over the weekend that the wife showed me was for sale on the fb market place thing,plan on taking the lads out camping this year to teach them how to build a campfire and basic shelter and for £30 was a bargin in my eyes and what with the snow over the last 2 days up here picked up some extra hot water bottles after work today,oh how i do like a couple put in the bed an hour before i get into bed and growing up in the 70s and before central heating i think you cant beat them lol.....
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

Ordered a new garden gate from our fabricator last July and some additional metal work for the garden wall. After many texts and phone calls, it finally arrived a couple of weeks ago and was well worth the wait. Now known as "have you locked the big gate?" Also had the security alarm serviced so feeling a little more secure now. Tomatoes, peppers and chillies are taking over the back bedroom and have broccoli, squash, caulis, cabbages, carrots and courgettes growing in the greenhouse.
Growing old disgracefully!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Used my preps! Not the ones we usually think of... I kept a spare ethernet cable, and my sister picked it up this morning to take to her daughter. Changing provider/ working from home/ heading a training session. Job jobbed.

And something I'm noticing, after all these months of lockdown walks, I know my town and its footpaths *so* well :mrgreen:
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:34 pm Used my preps! Not the ones we usually think of... I kept a spare ethernet cable, and my sister picked it up this morning to take to her daughter. Changing provider/ working from home/ heading a training session. Job jobbed.

And something I'm noticing, after all these months of lockdown walks, I know my town and its footpaths *so* well :mrgreen:

Must show this to Mrs A the big draw of random wires is a handy thing to have :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Charged up the rechargeable batteries for emergency lights and torches. We’ve got a wind-up torch and lantern, too. Pumped the tyres up and checked oil. Stocked up on pantry stash. Need to stock up on First Aid supplies! Off to the shops tomorrow...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Mad Scientist wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:49 pm Charged up the rechargeable batteries for emergency lights and torches. We’ve got a wind-up torch and lantern, too. Pumped the tyres up and checked oil. Stocked up on pantry stash. Need to stock up on First Aid supplies! Off to the shops tomorrow...

My job tomorrow (car) needs a quick look over due MOT end of May ... Time to start the pre MOT checks and gather the bits required to service it.... It got a half decent service just after lockdown last year so just oil and filter this year... Need to check the front discs and pads they were about half worn last year ..
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:43 pm
Arzosah wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:34 pm Used my preps! Not the ones we usually think of... I kept a spare ethernet cable, and my sister picked it up this morning to take to her daughter. Changing provider/ working from home/ heading a training session. Job jobbed.
Must show this to Mrs A the big draw of random wires is a handy thing to have :lol:
:lol: Uh oh, apologies to Mrs A from me!
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Did a big wholesaler olio today which I get to keep 10% of

So one tub of 2.5kg of Marmalade and box of 280 tea bags are mine then 😂😂
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island