bayonet fitting light bulbs

Homes and Retreats
Rusty74

bayonet fitting light bulbs

Post by Rusty74 »

notcied last week we where down to our last dozen of them so called into home bargains on saturday to pick more up yet looking on the shelves there wasent a single one left,didnt bother looking anywhere else but has anyone else noticed this in there local store to them???
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Bosworth

Re: bayonet fitting light bulbs

Post by Bosworth »

You can always buy an adapter - £1 a pop:

DiCUNO 10-Pack B22 to E27, Bayonet to Screw Socket Converter Socket Adapter Lamp Base Adapter for LED Bulbs and Incandescent Bulbs and CFL Bulbs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DVR4PPS/ ... YEH4?psc=1
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Bosworth wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:19 pm You can always buy an adapter - £1 a pop:

DiCUNO 10-Pack B22 to E27, Bayonet to Screw Socket Converter Socket Adapter Lamp Base Adapter for LED Bulbs and Incandescent Bulbs and CFL Bulbs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DVR4PPS/ ... YEH4?psc=1

Just a heads up with those they are potentially lethal..... On ES fittings the neutral is connected to the outer screw shroud ... The centre pin live.....

You've got a 50 50 chance of getting it back to front with no warning and a fingertip in the wrong place as you screw in the bulb or a light shade frame coming adrift has the potential to be come live
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I really struggle to believe that that is true. Can you help me verify?
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Screenshot_20210309-105239.png
Screenshot_20210309-105250.png
It won't be the first time I've come across houses with switched neg at the light switch so even with the light off there's been 230vac at the fitting.... One old house we had to get the dno out as the main incomers were reversed

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I buy bulbs either online or from my local hardware shop.

Were these incandescents? I only really use LED ones nowadays
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
korolev

Post by korolev »

I the last 10 years both my, and my wife's, mother has dies and we've had to clear the houses. We have have two boxes of light bulbs.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

In another life I was an electrician, Yorkshire Andy is right ( A knowledgeable chap in general), I have to say, unless you know what you're doing and what not to touch, turn off the lighting circuit at the consumer unit when changing lamps especially ES ones, even if you only get a tingle you could easily fall off the ladders ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Plymtom wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:46 pm In another life I was an electrician, Yorkshire Andy is right ( A knowledgeable chap in general), I have to say, unless you know what you're doing and what not to touch, turn off the lighting circuit at the consumer unit when changing lamps especially ES ones, even if you only get a tingle you could easily fall off the ladders ;)

Won't mention that I got a belt off the cooker isolator at the weekend :oops: ... Was looking a bit Mankey. Misted with kitchen spray then the damp cloth...... Not enough to trip the RCBO but a reminder not to be complacent or silly ;)

Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Interesting. I inferred from your post that there was an issue with the imports rather than a structural/design issue with screw fittings. That is really interesting.