Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
rik_uk3

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by rik_uk3 »

Lemne wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:53 pm I'm in the shielding group and had my vaccine last Friday. I had the Pfizer and as well as the usual sore arm my bg's rose significantly (diabetic), my arthritis flared up as did a rash I have on and off. My bg's I'm still trying to get down but the other two only lasted a day or so before back to normal. All the people I know who had the A/Z one have had a flu like reaction for 2 to 3 days after.
Weird, we don't know anyone who's had a bad reaction other than a sore arm for a day or two and a couple who felt tired for a day or two.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

rik_uk3 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:20 am
Lemne wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:53 pm I'm in the shielding group and had my vaccine last Friday. I had the Pfizer and as well as the usual sore arm my bg's rose significantly (diabetic), my arthritis flared up as did a rash I have on and off. My bg's I'm still trying to get down but the other two only lasted a day or so before back to normal. All the people I know who had the A/Z one have had a flu like reaction for 2 to 3 days after.
Weird, we don't know anyone who's had a bad reaction other than a sore arm for a day or two and a couple who felt tired for a day or two.
I only know three that have had it as everybody else has had the Pfizer. All had flu like symptoms for a few days after. My friends husband is bomb proof and he was off work and in bed.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

He may actually have had it of course, or some more vanilla flu. If you have been shielding then I suspect immune systems are suppressed and more likely to either get something unrelated when venturing out and being close to folk, or just reacting more to the jab.

Who knows. Sorry it’s been rough either way but hopefully a positive medium-term story.

I am rather amused by stories of 80 year olds lockdown busting now they’ve had both jabs 😂
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Lemne wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:15 pm
rik_uk3 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:20 am
I only know three that have had it as everybody else has had the Pfizer. All had flu like symptoms for a few days after. My friends husband is bomb proof and he was off work and in bed.
Sounds like he had man flu ;) One of the nurses off my wife's team developed chest problems 48 hours after the jab but she responded quickly to antibiotics so she'd had a bacterial chest infection. The common complaint seems to be feeling tired but that usually clears up in a day or maybe two, sounds like your friends have been incredibly unlucky.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
gamekeeper752

Post by gamekeeper752 »

just booked mine its just the age thing no other issues
I was anti vac's for this I don't have the flu jab never will but it seems to me you wont be able to go anywhere or go into anything if you haven't had it
so jab away
Train hard,Fight easy, put the kettle on and make tea
jansman

Post by jansman »

I am pleased to say that my dear wife will be getting her vaccination on Saturday. As a cancer survivor,she has been rather anxious. She has asked me to get it,as I am rather ambivalent if I am honest.I haven’t been hiding behind the sofa for a year; in fact ,apart from 5 weeks furlough ( ABSOLUTE BLISS) I have been working and dealing with the Great Unwashed.Boy, have I dealt with some chav - anti- maskers! And the demographic IS 20 to 30 something hi- viz- wearing - males.Thick as sh*t!

Anyhow,I get mine at the end of March.Second two days after the start of the river fishing season; ( see my priorities? :D ).Life goes on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

Banter aside about jabs and stuff, I’m pleased your wife is getting it. I hope you can rest a bit easier knowing she’s protected given her challenges.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Bosworth wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:22 pm Banter aside about jabs and stuff, I’m pleased your wife is getting it. I hope you can rest a bit easier knowing she’s protected given her challenges.
Thanks. If she has peace of mind,then so do I.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

I got a letter over the weekend. Apparently the vaccine centre here have been trying to call me to book an appointment. They were probably using my mobile number. No signal for miles where I love lol.
Anyway, have called and left a message and should get in quite quick. I fall into the 40 - 49 age group with no underlying medical conditions. I read somewhere that Shetland is doing very well with the vaccine rollout.
With about 24,000 people it should be quite quick :D
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Britcit wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:41 pm I got a letter over the weekend. Apparently the vaccine centre here have been trying to call me to book an appointment. They were probably using my mobile number. No signal for miles where I love lol.
Anyway, have called and left a message and should get in quite quick. I fall into the 40 - 49 age group with no underlying medical conditions. I read somewhere that Shetland is doing very well with the vaccine rollout.
With about 24,000 people it should be quite quick :D
Hope they get back in touch soon after your message, Britcit. Interesting about the landline being more solid because of reception conditions! Something to remember ...