Who's getting the vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
Arzosah

Re: Who's getting the vaccine

Post by Arzosah »

Yes, they're saying that people in group 5, the ones aged 65-69, "should be getting their letters from Monday 15th". Well, I'm in that group, and yes, I got my letter on Monday, but I'd already had a text, thankyouverymuch, and I had the first vaccine last Saturday, as I wrote on this thread. So, jansman, your wife might have an appointment a bit sooner than you might think. I hope so, anyway.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Mrs K and I had ours this afternoon. She's 55 and a bit asthmatic, I'm 57 with no health issues (apart from being a bit of a fat f*ck).

They are really cracking on with it down here on the sunshine coast.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Got mine last week. 48 hour migraine wasn't fun, not least helped by the kids at work setting off the fire alarm for fun but feeling better now
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Wife and I had the jab, could 'feel' the injection site for a couple of days, my site itched two days after the jab but that lasted about 10-12 hours. Our daughter had covid last year and was given the jab in January same time as her mom (she and my wife are nurses) with the 2nd jab due next Tuesday.

The vast majority of people have no side effects, pretty much the same as any IM jab.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Update on ours, I am feeling totally washed out today, got no energy and my arm is a bit painful if I lift it. Mrs K has no adverse effects.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Out of interest which vaccine did you have

I had Pfizer
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
korolev

Post by korolev »

AstraZaneca I think. I'm a bit hard of hearing and, with all the masks, I couldn't hear what any of them were saying.

Mrs K has read that a reaction to the vaccine shows you have a good immune system, which is good for me, but less so for her.
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

korolev wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am Mrs K has read that a reaction to the vaccine shows you have a good immune system, which is good for me, but less so for her.
Not necessarily. If your immune system has seen the virus before, it will have a stronger reaction to it (so you will have more side effects), which is also why there appears to be more side effects from the 2nd dose of the vaccine.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

I'm in the shielding group and had my vaccine last Friday. I had the Pfizer and as well as the usual sore arm my bg's rose significantly (diabetic), my arthritis flared up as did a rash I have on and off. My bg's I'm still trying to get down but the other two only lasted a day or so before back to normal. All the people I know who had the A/Z one have had a flu like reaction for 2 to 3 days after.
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

My wife had her 2nd jab today. She works in a care home so was jabbed quite early on.
She had no ill effects off the first one but feels sore all over and kinda 'fuzzy and tired' this time.
This was the Pfizer one, and while I'm below 50 I reckon I will get a call this month for mine. The population here being about 24k people there are getting thorough everyone quite fast.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."