The age old question

How are you preparing
Deeps

Re: The age old question

Post by Deeps »

I had an interesting chat with Her Maj's pal who was round last night, she has a pretty good idea that we have galloons of food (this prompted the conversation) and she's one of these people who has empty cupboards/fridge and buys stuff in as and when. She probably has a grasp on some of the other stuff too, she's round most weekends and I'm sure Her Maj has had a moan about some of my purchases. Anyhoo, I used the example of "what happens if the computers have been hacked", you go to the supermarket but the tills don't work, even if you go round to a wee local shop, they're only taking cash because the card readers aren't working. You go round to the cash point to withdraw cash, the computers aren't working. THAT'S WHY I HAVE LOADS OF FOOD AND STUFF AROUND THE HOUSE. For a second a saw the wee light bulb appear over her head before I got the default response that she'd come round to ours.

I was pleasantly surprised that Mrs Deeps seemed to be onside with my stance and was borderline smug with her pal, she seems to be seeing the light. I think I've made inroads with her oppo too. :D Another couple of converts on the ongoing war against the legions of undead, or something like that. :lol:
SaintJimmy671

Post by SaintJimmy671 »

I love this topic! :lol:

Both my ex-partner and my OH are aware of my prepping. My OH is American and so is already more open to the idea than many! Previously I had been partially greeted with this look: :roll:

I tended to find that she got too hung up on the reason why I prepped, rather than seeing the benefits it could bring to other circumstances. I made it clear from the start that I didn't expect any major catastrophe, but it doesn't hurt to prepare anyway, as it would help in other situations. I asked what would happen if one of us lost our job, and we had to survive on one wage; we'd already have food stored to tide us over until we got a new job. That's a saving of about £200 - a lot of money anyway, but an absolute saviour if you're without a job.

It seems that if you make them aware of how it affects more 'normal' situations, you'll have a better chance of acceptance. Maybe.
"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Mark Twain
The-Mendologist

Post by The-Mendologist »

ForgeCorvus wrote:
The-Mendologist wrote:I dont have to convince my OH that its a good idea, she is pushing me to do more and only the other night she was talking about ( could keep her quiet )where our bug out location is.
No real issues in the convincing dept.

I really have a good woman behind me ( cracking the whip and pushing me along), i thought i was the prepper and she was along for the ride!!!

Maybe it's the other way round . . . . .
So, you're Her primary prep then ?
:lol:
It would seem that way :lol: