Hi from Leicester

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
butterbean

Hi from Leicester

Post by butterbean »

Hi all

found this site a few days ago so thought i would sign up
through my teenage years i would always worry that life wasnt sustainable at the rate we were going, so much as i always considered wether or not i would want to have kids and put them through whatever the future may bring, then i met my wife and chilled out a bit and plan on having a family and all that stuff. over the past year ive been watching the prepping shows and it got me thinking again and now i think about prepping everyday, i havent started yet but i think ive made my mind up that it would be a wise choice to do something as you never know whats coming our way. i dont think the wife is ready for it yet as the only side to it she has seen is the american extreme prepper shows but i think i can talk her round when she sees im not trying to build a zombie proof fortress.

so im on here basically to pick up some tips on how to start, what to do and of course for the laughs that forums normally bring

Ash
leicester
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!
preppingsu

Re: Hi from Leicester

Post by preppingsu »

Welcome.

Have a read here, it's a good place to start.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=817
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Oldarborman

Post by Oldarborman »

Hello and welcome
AREA 10
tigs

Post by tigs »

welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
Norfolkguy

Post by Norfolkguy »

Welcome Ash, I've only been a member for a few days too but from reading through the forum gives a sense of perspective on where and how to start prepping.

Where abouts in Leicester are you, that was one of my old haunts.

Good luck.
butterbean

Post by butterbean »

orignally from new parks but now im a few miles down the road in south leicester

im glad im not the only 1 who's thinking of prepping who is in/was in leicester, makes it seem like im not the only person doing it within the areas i know if that makes sense
success leads to complacency, complacency leads to failure. Only the Paranoid survive!!