Hello from DONCASTER

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
chillihound

Hello from DONCASTER

Post by chillihound »

Hi all. My name is Steve I'm 23 and from Doncaster. I'm fairly new to prepping itself but I have been an active "truth seeker" for about 5 years. I follow all the conspiracies and doomsday theories and tend to have a more philosophical mind to it. I work as an electrician and I'm very keen on self sufficient energy. I have built a mini solar station that I use to power a VERY OLD laptop that is used as a doomsday database lol and I am currently working on a wind turbine made from a car alternator that will be used to power lights and 100/230v appliances. I would also like to have generate enough power to run a small water pump and heater but right now this is only in the planning stages.
aside from that I am very handy with a knife and bow. in fact ever since i was 12 it has been my passion to collect and train with any weapon i can find. I'm not a master but trust me you want to break into my house lol.

To my knowledge there are not many preppers near me so I would like to (if possible) start a network of south Yorkshire preppers.
Always know where your towel is!!
preppingsu

Re: Hello from DONCASTER

Post by preppingsu »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
You'll find that we all prep for many scenarios and we are not too :tinfoil !

There are a few members in the Yorkshire area, get to know them through the forum and some RV's and who knows what may happen.
Bear86

Post by Bear86 »

Welcome my fellow Yorkshire man ( we can do the secret hand shake later ) ;)

Doncaster you say we probably live within 5 miles of each other, hope to get to know you it would be embarrassing if we had the same bug out location.
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

Bear86 wrote:Welcome my fellow Yorkshire man ( we can do the secret hand shake later ) ;)

Doncaster you say we probably live within 5 miles of each other, hope to get to know you it would be embarrassing if we had the same bug out location.

depends on how you look at it. might make it easier to be in a group.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Well I'm from Sheffield originally, been here in the westcountry most of my life though, many family still up there though and a bottle of Henderson's relish in the kitchen ;) and I can make seasoned pud, I don't know the hand shake though :lol:
I hope you make many friends here, they seem a great bunch :mrgreen:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
junmist

Post by junmist »

Hi and welcome couple of countys down from (waving like mad) :lol: :lol: :lol:
AREA's 5-6 and 4
Feet the original All Terrain Vehicle
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

**waves like mad too* - seems to be a lot going on in Yorkshire!

You sound like you've got some *great* DIY projects there, chilihound, I was just checking out solar energy to power an ereader (all the literature says you can't get enough solar to do a laptop, you've obviously proved it wrong straight away!). Good for you!
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

hello and welcome! well done on the power set ups! (we would LOVE to know how......)
skippy

Post by skippy »

Hi and welcome to UKP

:)

Skippy
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

Arzosah wrote:**waves like mad too* - seems to be a lot going on in Yorkshire!

You sound like you've got some *great* DIY projects there, chilihound, I was just checking out solar energy to power an ereader (all the literature says you can't get enough solar to do a laptop, you've obviously proved it wrong straight away!). Good for you!
well it is a very old laptop. the solar panel is 150W and managed to aquire it from work. its not exactly portable tho. I could use a smaller set up and increase the power output but by reducing size i would greatly increase weight. its not that difficult really only basic electronics. i was just lucky enough to get this solar panel. It was slightly damaged so unfit for use but works fine.

once i get my turbine finnished and tested i will draw up some plans for other people.