hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
deckard

hello

Post by deckard »

First time here; hello.

Not a hardcore "prepper" by any means, but starting to be mindful of being a bit more prepared these days, mainly just because it feels a bit like there's a shift in things I've always taken for granted, and a general decline in standards of those steering the boat in the UK.
GillyBee

Re: hello

Post by GillyBee »

Hi Deckard,

Welcome. You will find that a lot of us here are more focussed on the every day personal s*%t than the end of the world. There is lots of useful advice here and a good few examples of where prepping has helped - and what didn't work.

Have a good look round and ask if there is anything you can't find.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

deckard wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:59 pm First time here; hello.

Not a hardcore "prepper" by any means, but starting to be mindful of being a bit more prepared these days, mainly just because it feels a bit like there's a shift in things I've always taken for granted, and a general decline in standards of those steering the boat in the UK.
Hi Deckard and welcome.
No need to be hardcore. Any prep is good prep and ultimately we can only guess what issues might arise. Probably fair to say the crisis that hits us could be a bolt from the blue we least expect. Still it's nice when our preps are vindicated. :)
I look forward to reading of your thoughts and preps. We can all learn from each-other.

Stay safe
JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Deckard, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'll fit right in - things aren't so reliable as they used to be, we need to fill in the gaps in the system with our own stuff, so to speak.

So, is "Deckard" from Blade Runner or Fast and Furious? 8-)
deckard

Post by deckard »

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Arzosah wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:03 pm So, is "Deckard" from Blade Runner or Fast and Furious? 8-)
Blade runner \ do androids dream of electric sheep
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

deckard wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:47 am
Arzosah wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:03 pm So, is "Deckard" from Blade Runner or Fast and Furious? 8-)
Blade runner \ do androids dream of electric sheep
Hurray, I was hoping so :mrgreen:

Arzosah, aka resident science fiction addict :mrgreen: