Writing a script for my EPQ Project

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
BigNoseJack21

Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by BigNoseJack21 »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jack, I’m a college student writing a script for a film adaptation of a video game (fallout new vegas). I’ve joined this forum to gather research on the world of survivalism and being a Prepper. I would really appreciate if anyone would like to contact me and teach me about the Prepper life, cheers.
pseudonym

Re: Writing a script for my EPQ Project

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately most of us here are wary of talking to journalists or film makers in general as the reality of prepping doesn't fall into their preconceived ideas.

Having a hotel bag for an overnight stay following a gas leak or burst water pipe doesn't really sell newspapers or push the Nuclear fall out scenario.

By all means, have a look around, ask questions and if you want; stay a while, who knows you may pick up some titbits that may change your lifestyle.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

BigNoseJack21 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:40 pm Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jack, I’m a college student writing a script for a film adaptation of a video game (fallout new vegas). I’ve joined this forum to gather research on the world of survivalism and being a Prepper. I would really appreciate if anyone would like to contact me and teach me about the Prepper life, cheers.
If you'd have said fallout 4 you may have had some bites, if you're after a quick-fix, youtube is full of "preppers" looking for their 5 minutes of fame.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Smudge wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:55 am
BigNoseJack21 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:40 pm Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jack, I’m a college student writing a script for a film adaptation of a video game (fallout new vegas). I’ve joined this forum to gather research on the world of survivalism and being a Prepper. I would really appreciate if anyone would like to contact me and teach me about the Prepper life, cheers.
If you'd have said fallout 4 you may have had some bites, if you're after a quick-fix, youtube is full of "preppers" looking for their 5 minutes of fame.
Welcome.As pseudonym said,we are wary of anything media related,as we get tend to get labelled as nutters. Be aware that ‘Survivalism’ and ‘Prepping’ are two different animals.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

This guy's post is also on another forum so obviously trying hard ...
Fill er up jacko...
korolev

Post by korolev »

I could send you pictures of a cupboard full of tins, a decent set of tools and a grand in cash ?

If you want a bunker and a load of guns, you'll need to look elsewhere.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yeah, what the others said. Plus, wanting someone to teach you about prepping, for a commercial project of yours ... no. Do your own research: as you've joined the forum, it's all available to you, for free. Best of luck with it!
jansman

Post by jansman »

korolev wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:12 am I could send you pictures of a cupboard full of tins, a decent set of tools and a grand in cash ?

If you want a bunker and a load of guns, you'll need to look elsewhere.
Spot on. :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

I know that you were told on another site that the information you require is USA las Vegas desert that sort of survival and prepping is very different from what we would be doing , you need a forum based in the USA.

Good luck.
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

You will have made Big Paul’s day over there on SurvivalUk! That’s the most activity over there in ages.Now if you are talking nutters ,Big Paul is yer man. :D He’s banned here.

Robert Frost.

Me.