Hello from Scotland

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
lowlander

Hello from Scotland

Post by lowlander »

New member here, south of Scotland, hence the username. Been prepping for many, many years, now downsized to prepping for one. Looking forward to meeting more like-minded folk online, learning new things and keeping up with modern prepping. Hope to be able to share my knowledge and experience too. Thankyou for having me, looking forward to jumping in.
diamond lil

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by diamond lil »

Hi from me - down near Jedburgh :mrgreen:
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

lowlander wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:28 pm New member here, south of Scotland, hence the username. Been prepping for many, many years, now downsized to prepping for one. Looking forward to meeting more like-minded folk online, learning new things and keeping up with modern prepping. Hope to be able to share my knowledge and experience too. Thankyou for having me, looking forward to jumping in.
Welcome.
Looking forward to reading your contributions. We all have different ways of prepping so please share your own ideas and observations.
'Downsized to prepping for one' :| Hope you are OK.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello lowlander, welcome to the forum. I'm echoing Jenny on the "prepping for one". It's a constant for me, so I don't have a problem with it, but downsizing to it might be difficult. Let us know of any queries, plus your own specialties :)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

Having recently lost My Father, some of my preps for him have become redundant, Food banks helped sort some of that out all in his name, Charity shops the other. It somewhat eased the pain Knowing he had helped others.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum. I'm the other end of scotland. Hope you find all you need here, look forward to your future posts.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Welcome from South of the wall ;)
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

Thanks all for the welcome :)

Just to clarify, all is fine; I come from a very long line of feisty capable prepping women, and was well positioned to start out when I got married - so prepping for two, which soon became four with the addition of two children. They grew up, one left, so was down to prepping for three, then subsequent divorce (now seven years ago) has left me prepping for one. I feel I've adapted well, apart from jam. I can't stop making it, it's in my DNA I think.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Good Jam is never a problem, it has many prepping uses.
Besides being an excellent way to store surplus fruit, nothing* creates goodwill faster in neighbours and service providers (Binmen et al).

Feel free to jump in on any thread.

*Except alcohol...... But that isn't always welcome
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

Oh the jam isn't a problem, there's just rather a lot of it 8-) I have many uses for it though.