Hello from Scotland

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jennyjj01

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by jennyjj01 »

lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:36 pm Thanks all for the welcome :)

Just to clarify, all is fine;..., then subsequent divorce (now seven years ago) has left me prepping for one.
I apologise. I was insensitive probing that comment. But I'm glad you came through it OK.
I guess your prep stocks got instantly doubled survivability time. And now you can concentrate on prepping for your needs exclusively.
Jam making is a great skill, which I would love to learn more of. Please share your skills. I do dehydrating, vac packing and jarring, so jam, and chutneys and pickles would be a logical progression. As someone else said, it's a great barter skill too. Beg the fruit: Make the jam: Say thank you with a bit of the jam: Win-Win situation. Same with wine or chutney.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

No need to apologise, I could have made it clearer, but thankyou :)

I have years of experience of "doing things with jam", so will be able to contribute to that thread :lol:

Anyone want my recipe for jam wine?
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 pm No need to apologise, I could have made it clearer, but thankyou :)

I have years of experience of "doing things with jam", so will be able to contribute to that thread :lol:

*Instantly raises both hands*
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

lowlander wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 pm No need to apologise, I could have made it clearer, but thankyou :)

**Arzosah's happy face that all's well :D **
lowlander

Post by lowlander »

Back after some of life's unexpecteds thrown at me.
Hope everyone is well.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Welcome from London

If you have ideas for using up jam, do please share. :D

( I went a bit mad making jam this year and will be using it up for the next 2 or 3 years at the rate I am using it. Ideas to add to main (ie savoury) meals especially welcome as we have all had to cut down on our sugar intake so no puddings allowed at the moment. I can turn plum jam into a chinese style plum sauce easily but need help with the raspberry, blueberry, apple etc.