Hello from Scotland

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jennyjj01

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by jennyjj01 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:37 pm

lowlander wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:36 pm
Thanks all for the welcome :)

Just to clarify, all is fine;..., then subsequent divorce (now seven years ago) has left me prepping for one.
I apologise. I was insensitive probing that comment. But I'm glad you came through it OK.
I guess your prep stocks got instantly doubled survivability time. And now you can concentrate on prepping for your needs exclusively.
Jam making is a great skill, which I would love to learn more of. Please share your skills. I do dehydrating, vac packing and jarring, so jam, and chutneys and pickles would be a logical progression. As someone else said, it's a great barter skill too. Beg the fruit: Make the jam: Say thank you with a bit of the jam: Win-Win situation. Same with wine or chutney.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Free hug vouchers. Please take one and copy and redistribute as often as you like.
Redeemable on demand.

lowlander

Post by lowlander » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 pm

No need to apologise, I could have made it clearer, but thankyou :)

I have years of experience of "doing things with jam", so will be able to contribute to that thread :lol:

Anyone want my recipe for jam wine?
don't judge my choices, you don't know the options I had

ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:11 pm

lowlander wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 pm

I have years of experience of "doing things with jam", so will be able to contribute to that thread :lol:

*Instantly raises both hands*
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Arzosah

Post by Arzosah » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:34 pm

lowlander wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 pm

**Arzosah's happy face that all's well :D **