NEW* require help.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Wes

NEW* require help.

Post by Wes »

Hi my name is Wes

I’ve been teaching and studying the 17 United nations sustainable development goals, learning about flooding and landslides and the effects of extreme weather. I have grave concerns about the information available to the public on the hydrological consequences on the biosphere.

I am looking for help in understanding infrastructure breakdown, lime maps of the northern hemisphere and the likely scenarios of political asylum and climate refugees. No interest in politics. Or talking about governments. The focus is purely on the systems that will be followed as protocol for moving people away from the equator.

Also I am looking to prepare -however I only want to do this in a country that is safe. So far I am of the opinion that with local biospheres destroyed that communities will fail and disperse. Hoping to connect and map out the next long term solutions.
izzy_mack

Re: NEW* require help.

Post by izzy_mack »

welcome to the forum
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Wes. I understand how attractive it is to do big-picture research on these issues - but your prepping has to be based on the risks in your locality - your country, your region, your town, your agricultural settlement, whatever. I'm not even sure what country you're in. How are you analysing what's a safe country to make your preparations?
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Wes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:49 am I am looking for help in understanding infrastructure breakdown, lime maps of the northern hemisphere and the likely scenarios of political asylum and climate refugees. No interest in politics. Or talking about governments. The focus is purely on the systems that will be followed as protocol for moving people away from the equator.

Also I am looking to prepare -however I only want to do this in a country that is safe. So far I am of the opinion that with local biospheres destroyed that communities will fail and disperse. Hoping to connect and map out the next long term solutions.
Hi Wes and welcome.
Your big question seems to be an analysis of global catastrophe that will render continents uninhabitable and send refugees flooding whole other continents. I doubt any of us here can give a simple all embracing answer, which is possibly on par with a PhD. thesis.

To prep for your anticipated armageddon might require an identification of the safest 'high ground' location on earth, then you go there and build a fortress to live out your days. The contrast between expecting global armageddon and expecting to have a cosy 'long term' plan is something of a paradox.

Some of us here are a bit grounded in aspiring to support our existing way of life, roughly where we are now, and have a bit of spare buffer time to out survive our peers while we regroup. Maybe we might move away from flood planes to inland safety and maybe a few might up sticks and emigrate to New Zealand, but I suspect that's a minority.

What you'll find here are folks who breeze through much smaller issues like loss of income, temporary loss of infrastructure services and trivia like national lockdowns. We are not phased by KFC being out of chicken, or a bit of a pandemic, but most of us would admittedly not be ready for WW3 or an asteroid strike as befell the dinosaurs.

Your outlook seems a bit different, so you bring something new to the forum, I hope you will contribute your ideas, and benefit from those you find here.

Stay safe
JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

If you have the qualifications move to New Zealand.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.