New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
CW1968

Post by CW1968 »

Hi I am from Essex, I started prepping in January 2020, I probably don’t need to state why, this storage area of the house became known as Corona corner. I have since realised that things might get a lot worse before they get better and so I looked up UK Prepping and this wonderful site popped up with lots of resources and calming posts so I joined and within 5 minutes felt calmer and more prepared, even if this was just a more coherent plan of how to proceed, thank you
rik_uk3

Re: New member

Post by rik_uk3 »

Welcome aboard :)
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

CW1968 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:17 am Hi I am from Essex, I started prepping in January 2020, I probably don’t need to state why, this storage area of the house became known as Corona corner. I have since realised that things might get a lot worse before they get better and so I looked up UK Prepping and this wonderful site popped up with lots of resources and calming posts so I joined and within 5 minutes felt calmer and more prepared, even if this was just a more coherent plan of how to proceed, thank you
Welcome CW,
Lots of helpful and approachable folks here. I look forward to reading your approach to prepping. Anything you've learned along the way would be useful to relate back to us. Don't be shy :)

JJ
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum :) I'm glad the atmosphere here felt right - its a huge help to keep the focus on being prepped for real.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:18 am Welcome to the forum :) I'm glad the atmosphere here felt right - its a huge help to keep the focus on being prepped for real.
Yes. Gotta get your bunker all tooled up* and kitted out, and the 4 by 4 loaded up with all the bug-out equipment ready to head for the hills.
No, but seriously.... There are all sorts of ways of prepping and we each find our own way. I think this forum is one of the most sensible and realistic resources. Not deriding any fellow preppers. We can all learn something from each-other.

Said the loony with mushy peas and tinned mushrooms in the loft. :tinfoil

*Mods, that was humour. I'm not advocating anything weapons related.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That bunker's tooled up with the addition of a drum kit :mrgreen:

Definitely humour :mrgreen: