New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Grw862

Post by Grw862 »

Hi, new member here.
I've not been prepping long, I live rural in Scotland and I am just about to try and build off grid outbuildings on my property, ideally with enough electricity to run chest freezer, ham radio, lights and power tools. I'm a novice but starting to get there with veg garden (chickens next year)
Here to chat with like minded people, swap ideas, hints tips etc.
God knows I could use a few tips.
So that's a bit about me and hello everyone
Arzosah

Re: New member

Post by Arzosah »

Hello GRW, welcome to the forum :) loving the sound of chickens next year, and definitely envy you going off grid. It's good to get as much as you can under your belt.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum. Living in rural scotland gives it's own problems and it's own benefits as I'm sure you're aware. Lots of info here and knowledge to be had here. You only need to ask and someone will help you or at least point you in the right direction. Good luck.
Grw862

Post by Grw862 »

Thanks for the welcome guys. Rural does pose its own challenges. Internet and mobile coverage is not the best. Definitely gonna look into radio at some point.
I've always had multiple heating fuels here and never relied on just one. I have oil central heating and a wood fire. I always have a winters worth of wood chopped and a winters worth of oil in the tank.
If anyone has any tips on protecting a property from wildfires, I'm all ears.