New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
SpiderDan

Post by SpiderDan »

New member old prepper here, don't feel the facebook groups have much else to offer so thought I would try here. I'm a former labtech and before that I was an R.A.F medic so have quite a bit of experience with filtration, water purification, infection control, gas masks and PPE, NBC and field medicine.
I'm based in South Wales and would like to network and meet like minded people.
Arzosah

Re: New Member

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Good to hear that you've already got so much experience, I'm sure lots of that will stand you in very good stead. What issues most concern you at the moment (apart from the passing fancy of a global pandemic!). As for networking - stick around, it can certainly happen, people like to get to know people online a bit first. But anyway, hope you find the forum useful.
SpiderDan

Post by SpiderDan »

Thanks for the welcome, three years ago I think i would have about two reasons for being a prepper now I think I have about thirty and rising lol.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're way ahead in the prepping stakes and will have at least as much to teach as to learn.
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Hello fellow lap tech!
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
SpiderDan

Post by SpiderDan »

Hey Jerseyspud are you also wiping the bums of a bunch of overgrown children with degrees? I was always shocked what a labtech is expected to do and how little they are paid at least we get to learn a few tricks with chemicals that may help with prepping in the future. One of the idiotic things my old company did was put a five year shelf life on everything even non-perishables I left that place with a lot of equipment including gas masks.