I’m back

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Iceprep

I’m back

Post by Iceprep »

Hi all.

I was a member of this forum a few years ago and life got in the way and well, I kind of didn’t have time to keep up with the discussion.

I have recreated my account using the username I last used when I was on here.

Enough rambling, I’m Mark, I’m from the North East of England. I did a lot of prepping a few years ago but things tailed off and I didn’t consider things as important. But lately, for no reason other than how I feel about the world today, it brought me back to reality that I need to up my game again.

Those of you who have been long time member may remember me; crazy distance runner, have a disabled son that I’m primary carer for.
If you don’t remember me, totality understandable.
Jerseyspud

Re: I’m back

Post by Jerseyspud »

Hi 😊
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello Mark/iceprep, welcome back. Hope your son's condition is on an even keel or improving. What are your thoughts on the world today, what's got your attention? Are you still into distance running? :mrgreen:
Iceprep

Post by Iceprep »

Hi!

The world! Bonkers! it seems more bonkers every day!

Not done much running. We pulled the bairn out of school before the first lockdowns started and kept him isolated as we could see what was about to happen. His school had some cases so we made the right decision. He went back briefly in Oct-Dec on and off. Had a few non-covid issues but he is tough. Once he get over his current infection he will be back to school. Since he has been off for so long I didn’t have time for running.

Did about 200mile last year (Normally do about 2000+) and so far this year 24!!! :o

How are things on the forum? I recognise your handle and I’ve seen a few others I recognise.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Things are totally bonkers, aren't they! I'm glad your boy's coping - but I bet you miss that running! Are you in a situation where you can run and he's on his bike beside you? So difficult for children - I have a great-nephew who's now six, and the pandemic is such a large percentage of his life :( the toddlers don't really notice, and the older ones have mostly already made a few friends at school or whatever and have ways to cope. But the now six year old was four when it all kicked off, and he didn't really have a chance to do that.

Forum is good - lots of info, lots of new things coming up for research and implementation, some of which I still haven't done (fire extinguishers ... argh). I think the mods have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes keeping a lot of the insanity out of here.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hullo again :D I do remember you. I have a tendency to disappear off the boards myself for months at a time then pop up for a good few months before going quiet again. That's life for you! I tend to get refocussed on looking at things from an actual prep point of view after just bumbling along with general day to day stuff like allotment and maintaining full kitchen cupboards/stores. It normally takes a week to catch up on the reading of various threads!
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Iceprep

Post by Iceprep »

Hi PreppingPingu I remember you :D and Pseudonym you are familiar also!

👍👍