Up to date on my Prepping

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
barron101

Up to date on my Prepping

Post by barron101 »

Hi All
Just to let you know my Generator which i take where ever i go is good, always having petrol and oil to run it. i have a 6000 candle work lamp in case i and others need the light. Even though the nights are still cold i have a 6000 w heater. As an x Paramedic from London First Aid in a situation that falls to me by some degree, so I've bought my kit up to date and always adding to it. Today i got a Birns Kit,this is all out of my own pocket, so i have accepted that i will miss valuable items off my Prepping list, im going for help others if the sh*t hits the fan.

Last week i help a Gentleman who had a burst tire not far from where i live in my Caravan, the explosion had hurt his back, so i changed it for him to the emergency spare. Then gave him some pain relief and drink from my stash. Shook his hand and went on my merry way.

I may come across not as a hard-core Prepper, but I have a Hunting Sling + 500 shoot capability (mod snip) .
Having a car and Caravan of cause allows me to relocate from a zone in fairly short order, while still having the comforts of home. I am 53 and Disabled but don't let that get in the way of protecting my own and other less fortunate.
I hope my little peak in to my life wsnt to boring and i will right soon.

Thanks

Geoff
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Up to date on my Prepping

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome back just a friendly reminder we don't discuss weapons in terms of self defense or the like it's a big slippery slope legally which I'm sure you'll understand :)

You can't beat a decent burns kit especially on camp sites or at home even more so when kids are about ... It's getting the new 20 minutes cool water that many do not understand from the older 10 minutes ... Been a humble faaw holder I've probably used more burns stuff at home than anything else ... Little miss thought she'd sneak down stairs the other week and make me and the wife breakfast in bed and emptied the kettle over the worktop which run into her chest..... Fortunately just superficial burns but a combination of cooling in the shower and a hydrogel square all was good in the world with no lasting damage
Screenshot_20210312-222211.png
Screenshot_20210312-222156.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

How have you found movement in these Covid-19 times?

I have seen many Van-lifers on Youtube being run out of countries/facing policing that borders on harassment and general disdain from NIMBYs.

I do believe the Portugal has now banned all wild camping by campervans and motorhomes.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
barron101

Post by barron101 »

Hi Guys
So Sorry about my slip-up on my last post hope I didn't cause too much trouble for you.
Got the car serviced today, and my back seat is overflowing with my prepper equipment, still getting jokes from family.But i persevere. Having my Jab on Saturday. PLEASE PLEASE people speak to your GP or anyone with non fake Information about Covid, it is a terrible disease which had many go before us. I want to thrive in this world and hope you do too.

Safe Prepping and Good Health to you all.

Geff