Greetings from Cornwall

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Kriegsgefangener

Greetings from Cornwall

Post by Kriegsgefangener »

Greetings one and all,

I’ve been lurking here for a few months now and thought it time to raise my head above the parapet.

Having had a full career in the military which included lots of travel and some formal survival training I guess I’ve been a prepper of sorts for a while without knowing it. Having experienced major supply shortages on outlying UK islands the recent upsets of COVID and Brexit coupled with my current long distance commuting gave me the incentive to formalise my preps which is how I found this forum and I’ve since moved forward from existing plans to grow our own fruit and veg to include such things as a GHB in the car and reliability of our water supply.

So, thanks for all the info so far and I look forward to the time when I can contribute to an already well stocked ‘library’.
Arzosah

Re: Greetings from Cornwall

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome, Kriegsf .... thats a long name! What does it mean, sounds fascinating! Sorry to be nosy straight away, by the way :mrgreen:

Anyway, welcome, your priorities - food, water, car GHB etc, sound really positive.
Kriegsgefangener

Post by Kriegsgefangener »

It means Prisoner of War :shock: :D

It was the nickname given to all the exchange personnel serving with the helicopter squadron I had the pleasure of working on in the German forces. Who said they haven’t got a sense of humour eh! I couldn’t think of anything else to use when I created my account :D
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Okay, that made me laugh :mrgreen: there's more of them with a sense of humour than just Henning Wehn on Have I Got News For You :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once helicopters are involved, survival training gets even more serious than usual, I think. All good to have in the background.