New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
barron101

Re: New Member

Post by barron101 »

Hi
as to the electric cooking stove, I've found a waterproof induction cooker. still not sure if waterproof to small spills over boiling etc. but I will be purchasing a wood charcoal cooker whatever happens. I am not blind to the electric bling of my prepping so simple will always beat fancy.

I have gon back to the stove and it shoes water being splashed on it. but I still think it sounds good
here are some details

ceramic electric stove by Peng, not sure about make ill be honest and your looking at almost £200, which is a bit steep but when the worlds ending I want my cup of tea.

hope this helps PEACE
barron101

Post by barron101 »

Hi Guys

<
Happy New Year to you all.
I'm enjoying my prepping, my family have got on board and gave me.
a CB extended aerial for my car and Caravan. Brand new Battery Packs for my Walkie Talkies, I pay a licence fee for the extra power and range. I now have a rechargeable car Battery booster pack for those flat times. made by RAC i was surprised. 100 ft of Paracord cant go wrong so I can tie up some Long Pig for dinner. only joking i won't eat a human I prefer chicken, he he.
stocked up on my first aid kit with Elma cream for small cuts and bruising, I know how to suture but will be buying a starter kit to stop me going rusty. Also witch Hazer that has a myriad of uses.

I hope I'm not boring you guys
, stay prepared and safe.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Those sound great pressies, lovely that your family are with you on this!
barron101

Post by barron101 »

Good morning Guys.
a Happy New Year to you and Yours.

As for my prepping for 2021, I'm tweaking my kit a bit. Bought a two-pack of Tourniquets online, now I don't
like talking down to people so instead, I describe what I'm talking about. essentially they are belts designed to cut off heavy Bleeding giving you time for Medical Intervention.
i will when I can afford it, buy self court arising wound powder to stop medium to heavy Blood Loss by Burning the area, which is effective if a not painful way of helping someone.
i have had two power outages in my area here in the UK. i only had to use my Generator for an hour and a half, as a local station went down.

As for the Vaccines that are floating around, going to do due diligence on it and get the shot.
thanks to all for reading my opinions. PEACE
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

barron101 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:12 am Good morning Guys.

As for my prepping for 2021, I'm tweaking my kit a bit. Bought a two-pack of Tourniquets online, now I don't
like talking down to people so instead, I describe what I'm talking about. essentially they are belts designed to cut off heavy Bleeding giving you time for Medical Intervention.
i will when I can afford it, buy self court arising wound powder to stop medium to heavy Blood Loss by Burning the area, which is effective if a not painful way of helping someone.
i have had two power outages in my area here in the UK. i only had to use my Generator for an hour and a half, as a local station went down.

As for the Vaccines that are floating around, going to do due diligence on it and get the shot.
Hi Barron, much as I don't like telling people what to do may I ask if instead of wound cauterising powder you instead look at blood clotting agents that you apply to the wound?
These powders or dressings are applied to/in the wound and coagulate to stop the bleeding. The a&e team can then remove the artificial clot at the hospital. The wound cauterising powders damage surrounding tissue so can actually make the injury worse.
"Celox" is a respected brand of coagulating dressing.

Just my two pennies worth ;)
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Nurseandy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:31 am
barron101 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:12 am Good morning Guys.

Hi Barron, much as I don't like telling people what to do may I ask if instead of wound cauterising powder you instead look at blood clotting agents that you apply to the wound?
These powders or dressings are applied to/in the wound and coagulate to stop the bleeding. The a&e team can then remove the artificial clot at the hospital. The wound cauterising powders damage surrounding tissue so can actually make the injury worse.
"Celox" is a respected brand of coagulating dressing.

Just my two pennies worth ;)
Celox gauze seems to be the in favour product. . why ....

It's almost idiot proof... Powders outside on a windy day... Gone to the wind .

Z fold celox gauze

Open pack find the end ... Stuff into hole whilst pulling from the bundle of wadding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiM-qaPpBPM
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Wow. Thank's for the recommendation.
I'd never thought of major injury prep.
Cellox Gauze and duct tape ordered for my first aid kit.

ps. Loved the relaxed demeanour of the actor with the leg wound and the sanguine b*****d that treated him. :o)
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:08 am Wow. Thank's for the recommendation.
I'd never thought of major injury prep.
Cellox Gauze and duct tape ordered for my first aid kit.

ps. Loved the relaxed demeanour of the actor with the leg wound and the sanguine b*****d that treated him. :o)

The oales modular bandage comes in handy alongside celox. It's carried on nearly all frontline ambulance's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3J9s69UZsE&t=135s
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Cedarroth dressings are also excellent in a FAK. Combined wound/burn/Israeli type dressing and could also be used as a support bandage but not as "heavy duty" as the oales.