New from the Pennines

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Moorland Prepper

New from the Pennines

Post by Moorland Prepper »

Hi everyone

I live with my spouse in a small village on the edge of some beautiful countryside. It can get a bit isolated in winter (powdery snow last night) so I've been a prepper for a few years. I've taken it a bit more seriously now and we could survive for quite some time if things deteriorate. We are of a certain age so bugging out is not an option.

I've been a financial prepper for a long time, not trusting in the fiat money system too much so I collect assets as well as money in the bank, shares and so on.

I'm glad that I found this site as my prepping is something I do not discuss with family and friends for obvious reasons. It's always helpful to bounce ideas off people and get the views of other.
pseudonym

Re: New from the Pennines

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Moorland Prepper wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:20 am Hi everyone

I live with my spouse in a small village on the edge of some beautiful countryside. It can get a bit isolated in winter (powdery snow last night) so I've been a prepper for a few years. I've taken it a bit more seriously now and we could survive for quite some time if things deteriorate. We are of a certain age so bugging out is not an option.

I've been a financial prepper for a long time, not trusting in the fiat money system too much so I collect assets as well as money in the bank, shares and so on.

I'm glad that I found this site as my prepping is something I do not discuss with family and friends for obvious reasons. It's always helpful to bounce ideas off people and get the views of other.
Welcome to the forum.
Lots of useful info here, and I look forward to hearing your own contribution.
I wonder if your spouse knows the extent of your prepping? I took the opportunity of lockdown to reveal to mine, that we had an extended pantry. Having kept my pantry secret from him had gnawed away at my soul for a long time.
We have a scary present and future, and IMHO, the next two month of US politics might see the world in deep... deeper trouble. That's without the scariness of Brexit and covid which are looming.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Moorland Prepper

Post by Moorland Prepper »

Hi pseudonym and jennyjj01

Thanks for the warm welcome

My wife is fully aware of what I'm doing and is fully supportive of this. We have both learned a lot in the last year or - vacuum sealing food, rotating foods, baking our own bread, etc. We also have four smallish freezers. Not just foods but medicines, cleaning materials, toothpaste, soaps and so on. I think that we could last a good six months and probably longer if need be. I've kept a few records of what things cost six to nine months ago and we are both surprised at how prices have risen for some items.

Nearly everything is delivered and we live in an electronic world that would have seemed impossible even twenty years ago.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds as if you are already a good way along the "prepper path". I have found this a great place to compare notes, share good ideas and discover stuff that had never previously crossed my mind.

Gillybee