Long time lurker unlurking again - hello!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Le Mouse

Long time lurker unlurking again - hello!

Post by Le Mouse »

Hello again! I fell off the UKP radar for a bit a while ago and started lurking again recently. It's nice to be back reading all your stories and advice. :)

I've been finding UKP a daily lifeline recently. Because of the 'C' word, I'm working from home and I found out that very surprisingly I'm in the shielded category with severe asthma apparently - what a way to find out! I didn't realise it was that bad! Anyway, so I'm stuck at home and being very grateful for my stocks which are keeping me going, topped off with the occasional Iceland delivery (only supermarket I can get slot with).

I'm aware of how lucky I am, having a job where I can work from home and having some stores that I can live off. I'm also lucky to have this place and all your posts. It's a little haven of sense in a world that feels like its going a bit bonkers!
jansman

Re: Long time lurker unlurking again - hello!

Post by jansman »

Hello! Nice to see you again. It’s been a while.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hallo Mouse, I wondered where you'd gone :mrgreen:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome back to the Fold. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

I recently found out I had "severe" asthma as well. It feels quite odd being young and still classed as vunerable as normally I would be out and about helping people.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Mouse! Lovely to see you again, glad you're well.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome back mouse
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Thanks for the welcome back all! :D
cbp125 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 pm I recently found out I had "severe" asthma as well. It feels quite odd being young and still classed as vunerable as normally I would be out and about helping people.
Yep, this has knocked me for six if I'm honest. I was quite upset when I got the letter from my GP. But I have access to a garden, so I'm in a much better position than a lot of people.
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Le Mouse wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:44 am Thanks for the welcome back all! :D
cbp125 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 pm I recently found out I had "severe" asthma as well. It feels quite odd being young and still classed as vunerable as normally I would be out and about helping people.
Yep, this has knocked me for six if I'm honest. I was quite upset when I got the letter from my GP. But I have access to a garden, so I'm in a much better position than a lot of people.
I have my allotments as well so at least I get out. They have recently changed the guidelines however, I was classed as extremely vunerable initially due to my meds but now I have been downgraded to very vunerable. It doesnt make much of a difference really, we still have to take care. I joked with my gp that they could keep downgrading me if they wish to "slighly vunerable" to "mildly vunerable" and end with "maybe likily to get a mild chinese burn vunerable"....

Stay safe