Not a new member,but wanted to say thank you all :D

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Decaff

Not a new member,but wanted to say thank you all :D

Post by Decaff »

Hello UKP's! I was a long time member of this group waaaay back. I got myself to the point where I had/have 6 months worth of food, stocks of all sorts of helpful and needed items. I kind of lost my way on the forum (not on the prepping though) was completely unsuported by my now ex other half so went quiet and just did what needed to be done and said nothing. I wanted to come back on and say thank you to each and every one of you who had helped me during that time. I learned a lot and I prepped a lot. I now grow a lot of my own food (allotments are a god-send) I preserve it, dehydrate it, pressure can it and store it. I grow and store what I eat and I eat what I store. I have plentiful fresh veggies all year round and I know that they were grown organically and are safe to eat and store. I saw what was coming (due to my work) and stocked up quite a bit more on supplies "just in case". My family who always laughed at me, made me the butt of many many jokes are not laughing at me now. I have been able to help out in ways that I didn't think possible and no-one is going without anything they need. I haven't had to leave my home at all to go to any supermarkets and have instead, when a delivery slot was open done small on-line shops for fresh meat, eggs and extra dried goods. I cannot express my gratitude enough to you all. I don't have that feeling of panic that I had in the beginning so my life is reasonably calm and organised. THANK YOU EVERYONE. Oooh it feels good to be back :D ;)
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
hobo

Re: Not a new member,but wanted to say thank you all :D

Post by hobo »

Welcome back, Decaff!
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Thank you Hobo :D Still so many familiar names on here. I hope you and yours are well.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
hobo

Post by hobo »

Decaff wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:04 am Thank you Hobo :D Still so many familiar names on here. I hope you and yours are well.
Hanging in there, thanks. Great to have both kids at home. Well worth the additional expense in food :lol: :lol: :lol:
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so true Hobo, so true!
jansman

Post by jansman »

I'll second that welcome!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'll third it! Welcome back, decaff! Good to hear that you've prospered in all the prepping ways.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

So we didn't ban you then :lol:

Welcome back :D
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Welcome back to the Fold. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

welcome back! :D