New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
pensden

Re: 1st timer

Post by pensden »

lol you want photos of 5 gal buckets.... really...... lol
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

pensden wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:39 am lol you want photos of 5 gal buckets.... really...... lol
if you are really to fit in around here :lol: :lol: :lol:

And they need to be neatly labelled, stacked creatively in date order.

No.... Not Really. It's just how some of us nutters are.

Photo's of neatly stacked banana boxes of food. Photo's of dehydrated carrots. Photo's of cooked chickpeas. You name it, some nutter posted a picture of it :) :) :)
Some have even been known to post photos of their torch and stove collections
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pensden

Post by pensden »

lol lol heee heeeeee that's funny, but I can see why they want to share especially their latest great prep items etcnits exciting bu,t I get really worried when I see people sharing with the universe their fantastic purpose built warehouse they refer to as a panty & I refer to as bigger than my flat,which proudly displays their ohhh soooo seriously impressive stash,but,what if shtf really happens,all these vids will be remembered especially by bad people who'll start showing up & who knows how that will end, they just may have inadvertently self fulfilled their own worst case cenario, very scary stuff indeed, says I sat in my broom cupboard (no not on it ) eating mango out of a tin with a tent stake
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Now you see why a lot of us are keen on OPSEC (or in English, Not telling nobody nothing :lol: )

Now, post photos of the tentstake....... Is it titanium? :lol: :lol: :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:13 pm Now you see why a lot of us are keen on OPSEC (or in English, Not telling nobody nothing :lol: )
I love that - I *think* its also grammatically correct - if two negatives make a positive, then three negatives go back to being negative :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now, post photos of the tentstake....... Is it titanium? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The really meaty stuff :mrgreen: we won't mind how severe the cropping of the photo is :mrgreen:
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

pensden wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:13 pm... bad people who'll start showing up & who knows how that will end, they just may have inadvertently self fulfilled their own worst case scenario
You make a good point about keeping stocks discrete. It's not just bad peeps that might descend on you. Family and friends who would normally scoff at our preparedness could be the worst in their hour of need. So, indeed, one thing to show the inside of our bunker pantry. A whole other thing to stick it on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQy89tZ-mRU

When I built mine, to that exact spec, I didn't even tell my husband :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only kidding. I did really.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pensden

Post by pensden »

ok jennyjj01, forgecorvus, arzosah you wanted a picture I've taken one, now all i have to do is figure out how to send it so hold on,BUT, it's got buckets, mango,steak or peg are you drooling yet, oh & the thingie with the wiggle I have no idea what it is, I found it on a hike & use it all the time as a steak,to eat with,to broddle with, to write with,to secure loops with its a multi tool oh & it holds on well to fruit so good find hey,anyone know what the heck it is keep it to yourself i'm having way too much fun playing the "I can name that in......" game
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll fit right in mate :)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar