Lack of physical silver

For all things financial
grenfell

Lack of physical silver

Post by grenfell »

Interesting article on dealers struggling to find actual physical metal , as opposed to the paper silver market. Seen similar with gold. I'm not sure how or if it will affect most of us but it makes me wonder.
https://www.zerohedge.com
I don't know why i can't seem to link to an actual article rather than just the website. Really irritating.
jansman

Re: Lack of physical silver

Post by jansman »

I collect a fair bit of silver, and as far back as I can remember, there’s been talk of silver scarcity.I couldn’t pin down the article unfortunately.Dealers struggling to find physical metal * might* be a trade euphemism for finding metal at the right price.I must admit, I am holding off buying anything at the moment, for the same reason!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
The Green Man

Post by The Green Man »

I managed to add 5oz of coins at the end of last week, I paid a few pence above royal mint price, now I see prices are up, Silvertraders website crashed at the weekend too due to extra demand.
I won’t be adding anymore for the foreseeable as I expect the price to level off again once all the hype dies down.
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I should think that if anyone wanted to pay above the market price it would be possible to get their hands on nice shiney lumps of metal but it flies in the face of logic. If one is buying as a store then it's a gamble that the price is going to get higher still just to cover the higher price that one paid in the first place , and it makes no sense for a dealer to pay above the odds if he can't guarantee to sell above market value.
Seems to be that people ( and it could be said preppers are to blame here :D ) are or have brought pms but are holding onto it and very little is coming onto the market.
The Green Man

Post by The Green Man »

Apparently there is more silver on “paper” than there is silver available on the Earth, so sooner or later someone is going to get caught out.
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

The paper silver and paper gold market , how to turn a finite resource into a infinite resource :roll:
In any other theatre that would be labelled a scam.
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:17 pm I should think that if anyone wanted to pay above the market price it would be possible to get their hands on nice shiney lumps of metal but it flies in the face of logic. If one is buying as a store then it's a gamble that the price is going to get higher still just to cover the higher price that one paid in the first place , and it makes no sense for a dealer to pay above the odds if he can't guarantee to sell above market value.
Seems to be that people ( and it could be said preppers are to blame here :D ) are or have brought pms but are holding onto it and very little is coming onto the market.
My silver, and gold is staying where it is. It will get trickled out upon retirement, and will be ‘ tax effective’ :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

grenfell wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:34 pm The paper silver and paper gold market , how to turn a finite resource into a infinite resource :roll:
In any other theatre that would be labelled a scam.
So, some people buy 'silver' or 'gold' (rather then actual metal ) because they don't trust currency..... How do they think thats going to work out ? :shock:

Its the same reason I wouldn't buy held gold (where the seller stores it for you :roll: ), if I can't touch it it ain't mine
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

jansman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:22 pm
grenfell wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:17 pm I should think that if anyone wanted to pay above the market price it would be possible to get their hands on nice shiney lumps of metal but it flies in the face of logic. If one is buying as a store then it's a gamble that the price is going to get higher still just to cover the higher price that one paid in the first place , and it makes no sense for a dealer to pay above the odds if he can't guarantee to sell above market value.
My silver, and gold is staying where it is. It will get trickled out upon retirement, and will be ‘ tax effective’ :lol:
As is mine. :ugeek:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

pseudonym wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:05 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:22 pm
As is mine. :ugeek:
I'm just starting........ And, yes I know its late

At least I'll have twenty odd years to build up (although, with the way pension age keeps getting pushed back, I might have a bit longer :|)
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar