2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
The Green Man

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by The Green Man »

And with the latest lockdown set to begin in England on 5th November, the economic collapse is now guaranteed.

Viable businesses destroyed, shops closed that will never reopen & incredible damage done to communities.

There is no way they will remove these restrictions on the 2nd December, they are just using that date as a target to fool people into thinking they will be “free” by Christmas.

This country is a joke, good luck to us all in 2021, we are certainly going to need it.
"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:54 pm
Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:58 pm What a horrible day for global economies. :(

The German market DAX falls 5% - French markets CAC down by a little less and the UK FTSE following close behind down by only 3.5%. In the U.S. the DOW opens nearly 3% down and getting worse, NASDAQ and S&P500 not much better. Bonds are volatile, gold and silver are getting hammered down, while oil and crypto currencies are falling as well. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, commodity prices including agricultural and livestock futures are also falling if you can believe that.

Red-downward-pointing arrows across the board and in large(ish) amounts, yet it doesn't get a mention on daytime news programs, maybe they are saving it for a big announcement around the six o'clock schedule.

This sort of action looks more like panic than a sensible sell off, seems to me like investors are liquidating what assets they can while they are still worth something. But no doubt the FED and other central banks will try and print their way out of it yet again.

Could this be the week? Or maybe yet another false start?
I do tend towards your thought that we are already in an economic collapse...we just don't know it.
Any system built on continue growth will collapse.

Maybe Bhutan is right
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

The Green Man wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:10 pm And with the latest lockdown set to begin in England on 5th November, the economic collapse is now guaranteed.

Viable businesses destroyed, shops closed that will never reopen & incredible damage done to communities.

There is no way they will remove these restrictions on the 2nd December, they are just using that date as a target to fool people into thinking they will be “free” by Christmas.

This country is a joke, good luck to us all in 2021, we are certainly going to need it.
My thoughts too. As I said in an earlier post ( and it is my watchword) Adapt. We are Preppers, Survivors. We talk about Shit hitting the fan ALL the time. Well right now, this is it folks. We need to deal with it, act responsibly, maintain hygiene standards, and push on.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

That's very true Jansman. All the years of talk about the SHTF and food stashes/unrest/recession. etc etc. and now we are innit. Time to get asses in gear :mrgreen:
Moorland Prepper

Post by Moorland Prepper »

The banking and financial sector is in a mess, and they know it.

The Federal Reserve had to enter the repo market in late 2019 as the banks no longer trusted each other to lend money to balance their books. I suspect that the OTC derivative market was the main source of the problem there. Spread your money around in the banking sector and don’t leave too much with any one bank.

Buy assets if you can. These should have some value if the financial system falters and those digital pounds vanish or become inaccessible.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

The Green Man wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:10 pm There is no way they will remove these restrictions on the 2nd December, they are just using that date as a target to fool people into thinking they will be “free” by Christmas.

Oh, they'll cynically lift restrictions before Christmas as a 'gift' to us. It's a Christmas gift we'll pay for long into the New Year.

Well, it's also a gift I'll dump straight in the bin. I'll decide when these restrictions are lifted for me and it won't be this year.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:51 pm
The Green Man wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:10 pm There is no way they will remove these restrictions on the 2nd December, they are just using that date as a target to fool people into thinking they will be “free” by Christmas.

Oh, they'll cynically lift restrictions before Christmas as a 'gift' to us. It's a Christmas gift we'll pay for long into the New Year.

Well, it's also a gift I'll dump straight in the bin. I'll decide when these restrictions are lifted for me and it won't be this year.
I am tending to agree about the ' gift'.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Well the new year is well and truly started I'm just wondering what you all think is around the corner.
Unemployment and the £20 universal credit debate
Furlough will it be extended again
Paying for it all
Even more q.e.
Any views.
Fill er up jacko...
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Not sure. Economy isn't in a fantastic place at the moment and the money for furlough etc has to come from. Somewhere
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island