2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
diamond lil

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by diamond lil »

I think anybody who lives deep in the country dislikes foxes, only folk in towns seem to think they're cute.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

jansman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:50 pm Keeping stock, as I always have, poison is a major prep. Killing vermin is a constant battle. The only good rat/ mouse is a dead one. As for foxes, they all need exterminating. Until you have had your entire poultry stock killed by one, and your best buck rabbit too, you will never understand; and don’t say you need better housing, as foxes are tenacious, murderous vermin.
Even the cutey wutey ones with fluffy like white chest hair? Awww...

Nah. You are right. I live in North London. No stock to worry about, but they crap everywhere, drag rubbish around, and make weird noises. Much bigger problem during lockdown as there was far less takeaway debris in the park opposite.

One morning it looked like someone had had a property party in my back garden. CCTV footage showed a fox dragging bin bags of rubbish down the side of the house (I’d foolishly left the gate open!) and taking its time dissecting its contents...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Bosworth wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:26 pm
jansman wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:50 pm Keeping stock, as I always have, poison is a major prep. Killing vermin is a constant battle. The only good rat/ mouse is a dead one. As for foxes, they all need exterminating. Until you have had your entire poultry stock killed by one, and your best buck rabbit too, you will never understand; and don’t say you need better housing, as foxes are tenacious, murderous vermin.
Even the cutey wutey ones with fluffy like white chest hair? Awww...

Nah. You are right. I live in North London. No stock to worry about, but they crap everywhere, drag rubbish around, and make weird noises. Much bigger problem during lockdown as there was far less takeaway debris in the park opposite.

One morning it looked like someone had had a property party in my back garden. CCTV footage showed a fox dragging bin bags of rubbish down the side of the house (I’d foolishly left the gate open!) and taking its time dissecting its contents...
Sadly, it is ever decreasing habitat that causes Reynard to inhabit urban areas, although they adapt as they are opportunistic. My poultry are behind twin walled weld mesh, which is buried into the ground by a two feet, the bottom foot being folded outwards at 90 degrees to prevent digging under. I have learned the hard way. I don’t keep rabbits now, but I have had pens torn open by foxes. I moved over to steel breeding units after the third time.

Back to economic collapse though. As businesses fold, houses become vacant, vermin will thrive. When they are undisturbed, they prosper. If yours is the property next door, you will have a problem. ‘My’ rats are because of the seriously neglected property next door, and we have the same at work because of an empty shop next door.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Sorry slightly off topic.
Iv been checking the net for a up to date number for unemployed in Britain many sites only give a percentage the ones who give numbers are very different.
Lowest 1.3 million highest 2.7 million and no official numbers from government.
Do any of you have an idea and are government playing with numbers like thay were accused of in the 80s.
Thanks.
Fill er up jacko...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think govts always massage the numbers anyway - but we'll soon find out as the rate rises through the roof and the newspapers start screaming about it :twisted:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:30 am Sorry slightly off topic.
Iv been checking the net for a up to date number for unemployed in Britain many sites only give a percentage the ones who give numbers are very different.
Lowest 1.3 million highest 2.7 million and no official numbers from government.
Do any of you have an idea and are government playing with numbers like thay were accused of in the 80s.
Thanks.
Not off topic at all.Unemployment is/will be part and parcel of economic decline.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"A New Bretton Woods Moment"
https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/20 ... ods-moment

IMO the collapse has already happened, WE just haven't been told about it yet.

'Hey Presto' - In come the central banks with the solution to save us all.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

With more areas of the UK being put into tier3 lock downs over the next few days, the chances are we are witnessing the [final] nail in the coffin of the UK economy..

When the furlough scheme ends (EO October?) and other gov support packages wind down, it will be a very short period before the true reality of this crisis becomes clear to everyone. I dont see how we come back from this anytime soon?

Luckily there is a new system of global digital money waiting to save us all. :tinfoil
Arwen The Bard

Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

What a horrible day for global economies. :(

The German market DAX falls 5% - French markets CAC down by a little less and the UK FTSE following close behind down by only 3.5%. In the U.S. the DOW opens nearly 3% down and getting worse, NASDAQ and S&P500 not much better. Bonds are volatile, gold and silver are getting hammered down, while oil and crypto currencies are falling as well. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, commodity prices including agricultural and livestock futures are also falling if you can believe that.

Red-downward-pointing arrows across the board and in large(ish) amounts, yet it doesn't get a mention on daytime news programs, maybe they are saving it for a big announcement around the six o'clock schedule.

This sort of action looks more like panic than a sensible sell off, seems to me like investors are liquidating what assets they can while they are still worth something. But no doubt the FED and other central banks will try and print their way out of it yet again.

Could this be the week? Or maybe yet another false start?
Arwen The Bard

jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:58 pm What a horrible day for global economies. :(

The German market DAX falls 5% - French markets CAC down by a little less and the UK FTSE following close behind down by only 3.5%. In the U.S. the DOW opens nearly 3% down and getting worse, NASDAQ and S&P500 not much better. Bonds are volatile, gold and silver are getting hammered down, while oil and crypto currencies are falling as well. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, commodity prices including agricultural and livestock futures are also falling if you can believe that.

Red-downward-pointing arrows across the board and in large(ish) amounts, yet it doesn't get a mention on daytime news programs, maybe they are saving it for a big announcement around the six o'clock schedule.

This sort of action looks more like panic than a sensible sell off, seems to me like investors are liquidating what assets they can while they are still worth something. But no doubt the FED and other central banks will try and print their way out of it yet again.

Could this be the week? Or maybe yet another false start?
I do tend towards your thought that we are already in an economic collapse...we just don't know it.

Robert Frost.

Me.