discount codes websites

For all things financial
hedgerowpete

discount codes websites

Post by hedgerowpete »

Been looking at Flogas discount codes this weekend. Everyone else seams to go to a shopping cart and put it on hold, they then google say Flogas discount code. The internet pops up twenty codes, all of which they can put in at the sales screen and knock 20% off the prices.

When i do it, all i get from google is a website called "vouchergains.co.uk" and EVERY LINK i try sends me to Ebay or Amazon, neither of which are showing me any discount codes or money off on Flogas.

Now its its not use Flogas, they are one of many i deal with. The idea is save a couple of quid when ever posible to make sure that I am getting the best value for money.

Does anyone use discount code websites, if so which ones and how do you go through all the links to find the one with the codes in it. or do the codes not exist??

I was expecting, "20%GAS" or "GAS10off" not a live link to ebay that shows no discounts, i clicked on the one gas bottle all the way to the payment screen and there was still no discount as offered by the vouchergains website.

Is it a con?
Arzosah

Re: discount codes websites

Post by Arzosah »

I've not heard of them, Pete, so i can't help there, but there's better ways of getting discounts - people like quidco, who've been going for years and years.
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

how does quidco work and do the discount codes works?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I haven't used them for years (though in hunting out the link for you, I see that they have firms that I use on their books, like trainline, rats). So, using them as an example, you join quidco with a free account, buy through the quidco link, and get cashback, 3% in that case
https://www.quidco.com/trainline/

Companies run their own discount codes, and/or use a discounting site like quidco (there are others) but 3% of something is better than nothing. Hope you find a route that suits you
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

its £30 for 14kg of butane gas, a couple of quid off would be nice.

i paid full price and got the free delivery, which is going to save a fiver on the overal scheme of things