Thought I would put this here to see if anyone is interested.

For all things financial
kevprep85

Thought I would put this here to see if anyone is interested.

Post by kevprep85 »

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link:

https:// link split by mod see below if you want to continue copy and paste in your explorer URL bar

initiativeq.com/invite/HPsOnqii7

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.
failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
itsybitsy

Re: Thought I would put this here to see if anyone is interested.

Post by itsybitsy »

korolev

Post by korolev »

I'm highly sceptical and more than a bit suspicious. As a paragraph in itstbitsy's first link says "list of pre-screened suckers."

My own acronym for this would be TANSTAAFL.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Hmmm i'm always skeptical of new dotcoms offering something for nothing.

heres a review from Bitcoin exchange guide (a site that's normally beating the drum as hard as they can for new crypto ventures)

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/initiative-q/

just realised itsy has already posted that link ..... I'm a bit slow off the mark today lol
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
jansman

Post by jansman »

If it sounds too good to be true/ fools and their money are soon parted...anyone else want to add a tried and tested saying about getting scammed?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
yorkshirewolf

Post by yorkshirewolf »

This reminds me of something I saw recently where there was a mail order service to check if you were more intelligent than your dog, you had to send $600 to find out.

I wonder how many people got a letter back saying:

"your dog is clearly more intelligent than you"

:lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

We NEED a like button! LIKE^^^
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

There was a thing that was getting pushed pretty hard on LinkedIn, was a "premium" black credit card where you take a cut of the fees from the people you recruit.

Can't remember that name of it, but it was a classic pyramid scheme, just the same as this one, technology might move on, the hustles carry on just the same, people run boiler rooms on WhatsApp now. :)

Aprt from the fact that people can lose out I actually find a lot of the hustles pretty interesting, it's amazing the ingenuity that goes into some of them, and it's equally amazing how simple they can be and still work.

Pyramid schemes are a classic example, everyone knows they're a scam, but people still join them because they think it's the people below them that are getting scammed, so much easier to get someone to fall for a scam if they think they're the ones doing the scamming.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jamesey1981 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:35 am There was a thing that was getting pushed pretty hard on LinkedIn, was a "premium" black credit card where you take a cut of the fees from the people you recruit.

Can't remember that name of it, but it was a classic pyramid scheme, just the same as this one, technology might move on, the hustles carry on just the same, people run boiler rooms on WhatsApp now. :)

Aprt from the fact that people can lose out I actually find a lot of the hustles pretty interesting, it's amazing the ingenuity that goes into some of them, and it's equally amazing how simple they can be and still work.

Pyramid schemes are a classic example, everyone knows they're a scam, but people still join them because they think it's the people below them that are getting scammed, so much easier to get someone to fall for a scam if they think they're the ones doing the scamming.
They appeal to our greed, I work on the principal that I'm no worse off if I don't take part in a scheme. I'm too much of a 'big Jessie' to risk my cash on anything I think risky, no matter what the promised rewards.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

jansman wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:00 pm If it sounds too good to be true/ fools and their money are soon parted...anyone else want to add a tried and tested saying about getting scammed?
My initial feelings are that it sounds too good to be true and that it is a scam . in the initial stage there's certainly no money changing hands , in the link there's a comment along the lines of it being like given a lottery ticket which iff it's not a winning ticket hasn't cost anything.
Guesswork but I would assume that should Q's become accepted there would be transaction fees and costs to purchase more or if people can be convinced it has been accepted will be more prepared to pay those fees and perhaps if it isa scam that's when it starts to work?

Edit , just clicked on Facebook and one of the first things I see is a friend putting up the link for people to register .?