Thought I would put this here to see if anyone is interested.

For all things financial
xplosiv1

Re: Thought I would put this here to see if anyone is interested.

Post by xplosiv1 »

grenfell wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:15 am
jansman wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:00 pm If it sounds too good to be true/ fools and their money are soon parted...anyone else want to add a tried and tested saying about getting scammed?
My initial feelings are that it sounds too good to be true and that it is a scam . in the initial stage there's certainly no money changing hands , in the link there's a comment along the lines of it being like given a lottery ticket which iff it's not a winning ticket hasn't cost anything.
Guesswork but I would assume that should Q's become accepted there would be transaction fees and costs to purchase more or if people can be convinced it has been accepted will be more prepared to pay those fees and perhaps if it isa scam that's when it starts to work?

Edit , just clicked on Facebook and one of the first things I see is a friend putting up the link for people to register .?
if you read the site, it asks for you to send a scanned copy of a personal check to verify your address ....... sounds suspect to me
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Ah right . To be honest I haven't read through the site. When you say a personal check does that mean something like a utility bill or should that of read cheque ( surely not ) ?
kevprep85

Post by kevprep85 »

Wow so much negativity I wasn't expecting that on this forum :tinfoil :lol: :lol: :lol: as yet I haven't had any problems or been asked for money ECT ECT
failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
jansman

Post by jansman »

kevprep85 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:07 pm Wow so much negativity I wasn't expecting that on this forum :tinfoil :lol: :lol: :lol: as yet I haven't had any problems or been asked for money ECT ECT
If it works for you mate, all well and good. My cash is hard won though, and any ‘financial ‘ set up that ask for personal details and not money to start sounds proper dodgy to me. Do I wear a tinfoil hat? Nope! I have just been on the planet for a few decades. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
kevprep85

Post by kevprep85 »

jansman wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:31 pm
kevprep85 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:07 pm Wow so much negativity I wasn't expecting that on this forum :tinfoil :lol: :lol: :lol: as yet I haven't had any problems or been asked for money ECT ECT
If it works for you mate, all well and good. My cash is hard won though, and any ‘financial ‘ set up that ask for personal details and not money to start sounds proper dodgy to me. Do I wear a tinfoil hat? Nope! I have just been on the planet for a few decades. :D
:lol: I've been on the planet a few decades myself (just) they don't have any details that they can't find on Facebook and I've not handed over any money. when the day comes that they want more il cut my losses but until then it's a bit of fun.
failure to prepare is preparing to fail.