Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

For all things financial
Arwen Thebard

Re: Pound heads sharply lower on Brexit concerns

Post by Arwen Thebard »

(Down by 83% on my initial investment!) OUCH. :shock:

HODL. 8-) It will come good by the end of the year I reckon.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm It looks like I'm getting my financial boxes ticked just in time :( I got the delivery from Silver Trader the other day. More to come, but spreading the risk by buying regularly.

And the pound really has tanked. I've watched the sterling/euro exchange rate for 20 years, because of this dratted French apartment I bought, and the rate is the worst I've seen it.

ETA - ouch, peejay! Sorry to hear about the 83%.

EETA - you norty person, pseudonym :lol: I hope that booze is the best champagne :mrgreen:
Some of my previous post may of been stretching reality a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

pseudonym wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:22 pm
Arzosah wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm EETA - you norty person, pseudonym :lol: I hope that booze is the best champagne :mrgreen:
Some of my previous post may of been stretching reality a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stretching is always fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm It looks like I'm getting my financial boxes ticked just in time :( I got the delivery from Silver Trader the other day. More to come, but spreading the risk by buying regularly.
I was about to put a relatively large order in with Silver Trader, but his prices have gone up so I'm going to hang fire for a bit. Really wanted to get a hefty order in sooner rather than later. :cry:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am I was about to put a relatively large order in with Silver Trader, but his prices have gone up so I'm going to hang fire for a bit. Really wanted to get a hefty order in sooner rather than later. :cry:
I was going to put in a 2nd order the same size as the first, but yes, hanging fire even on that for the moment.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I won’t be buying any pms until the market stabilises. Prices are riding high, as investors seek ‘safety’ in precious metals. That stability may be a while coming though. You’d be better off buying other metals, like tin, that contains corned beef! :lol:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. In the last recession, some butchers we did business with bought pallet loads. As it is ambient- stable, there were no storage costs involved, and the return on it was far better than money in the bank.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 am I won’t be buying any pms until the market stabilises. Prices are riding high, as investors seek ‘safety’ in precious metals. That stability may be a while coming though. You’d be better off buying other metals, like tin, that contains corned beef! :lol:

That’s not as daft as it sounds. In the last recession, some butchers we did business with bought pallet loads. As it is ambient- stable, there were no storage costs involved, and the return on it was far better than money in the bank.
Big shop for me coming. And heading to France at the end of October to stock up on wine and all the French stuff I like before the B word hits us. :(
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm
itsybitsy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am I was about to put a relatively large order in with Silver Trader, but his prices have gone up so I'm going to hang fire for a bit. Really wanted to get a hefty order in sooner rather than later. :cry:
I was going to put in a 2nd order the same size as the first, but yes, hanging fire even on that for the moment.
He does offer discounts for scale of purchase. He also has a facebook page and sometimes the prices are a little lower on there than in the store - not sure why that is though.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I hadn't gone there, itsy, thanks for that. My purchases are very minor compared to most people's, I think, but I still want a good deal :)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:26 am I hadn't gone there, itsy, thanks for that. My purchases are very minor compared to most people's, I think, but I still want a good deal :)
I meant to say Ebay not Facebook. Doh! :roll: