24hr Spot prices Live

For all things financial
itsybitsy

Re: 24hr Spot prices Live

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:04 am I'm still not buying silver regularly :( and as a "preserver of wealth" it really should be part of my strategy. Must do better. Silver Trader look interesting! I hope they'd still sell to me, living in the south of England as I do :shock: The Britannia is the best to buy regularly, isn't it, being the classic coin? I've been readjusting my retirement funds between cash and shares, and I'm definitely ready to look at silver now.

I *have* re-researched the traders at Hatton Garden who buy scrap silver from the public - we have a kilo or so of African non-hallmarked ornaments to share out between my brother and sister and I, and we're agreed we all want to sell them. I've chosen Premier Bullion and Landale Precious Metal Recovery to go to: its a question of non-invasive testing and the price per gram.
Martin offers a free magnet whatnot with every purchase

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/neo ... r-testing/
jansman

Post by jansman »

I will second him. Straight dealer.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Good to know, thank you both. That's a boot up for me, I'm just placing an order. You can faff about with this stuff endlessly, comparing the silver price and various discounts for various amounts, but finding somebody trustworthy that other people you trust have already dealt with is priceless.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Also they accept PayPal.
So if you use PayPal credit with its 4 months interest free option, you can hedge your investment as well. 8-)
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's also interesting - I'm looking for a new mastercard credit card, though I always go through MSE :mrgreen:
Britcit

Post by Britcit »

Reviving an old(ish) thread as I started looking at silver prices again recently. I was buying some coins when the thread started, but stopped for a few years because of a change in my income.
Looked again about 4 weeks ago and what a change.

Silver now at £19.17 oz
Gold now at £1244.42 oz

Out of interest, are any of you buying at these prices?
5 years ago I got Maples and Brittanias at between 16.50 - 18.00. On BullionbyPost tonight a Britannia (2021) would cost £33.96 if they had them in stock lol.
"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Britcit wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 pm Snip> Out of interest, are any of you buying at these prices?
5 years ago I got Maples and Brittanias at between 16.50 - 18.00. On BullionbyPost tonight a Britannia (2021) would cost £33.96 if they had them in stock lol.
Not at present, I keep an eye on the price and buy when I am comfortable.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

pseudonym wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 am
Britcit wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 pm Snip> Out of interest, are any of you buying at these prices?
Not at present, I keep an eye on the price and buy when I am comfortable.
I will second that approach.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Bosworth

Post by Bosworth »

I hold quite a lot of gold and silver. Physical. Not paper. Never paper!

Prices are high by historical standards but plenty of movement in either direction possible. Depends on your gloominess about the economy, Sterling, and inflation prospects.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I suppose if you were canny and not averse to taking a risk the "smart" thing to do would be to sell your pm's now while the price is high. There's a chance the price will fall once the current situation is over and you'll have a tidy profit that you could always use to buy even more when the price is lower just in time for the next crash. Probably a better idea to do with the paper gold rather than physical metal.
Or , you could just hold onto it , things may get worse and the value may be of more worth in the future then the cash now.
I must admit in some ways i'm torn over the best approach. I'm not selling my pm's just yet. I've still got a decent income ( and on ebay people are tripping over each other to give us money) money in the bank , no debts and don't need to sell. But then as a student of history i see numerous examples of how when the economy goes south and paper money is worthless even the real purchase power of gold goes down , a loaf of bread for a small gold coin sort of thing.