Antennas relocated

preppergb

Antennas relocated

Post by preppergb »

Took the opportunity during the enforced lockdown to relocate my easily visible CB antenna from an 18 ft mast to a wire dipole in the loft, lost some range but the imcrease in privacy was worth it. also shifted the PMR446 dipole along the wall a bit and partially hiding it behind a drain pipe, again for improved privacy.
Appin

Re: Antennas relocated

Post by Appin »

Aiming to install an HF band antenna called a W3EDP.

In reality it is 25.6m ( 84 ft) long wire draped over the roof with a 5.2 m counterpoise. This will run in the gutter on the opposite side and run into an ATU. The design has been around for decades.

If you are trying to conceal a antenna there is a book called "Stealth Antennas". A lot of American radio amateurs have problems due to strict local rules on what you can do. A common trick is to take advantage of patriotism and have a flag pole which is virtually a right. Amazing what can be hidden around that. Like wise wires in guttering or even using Aluminium guttering wich is common in the US.

Appin
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Appin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:41 pm Aiming to install an HF band antenna called a W3EDP.

In reality it is 25.6m ( 84 ft) long wire draped over the roof with a 5.2 m counterpoise. This will run in the gutter on the opposite side and run into an ATU. The design has been around for decades.

If you are trying to conceal a antenna there is a book called "Stealth Antennas". A lot of American radio amateurs have problems due to strict local rules on what you can do. A common trick is to take advantage of patriotism and have a flag pole which is virtually a right. Amazing what can be hidden around that. Like wise wires in guttering or even using Aluminium guttering wich is common in the US.

Appin
I have that book and agree it is a very good read. I try to keep my antenna hidden/descrete. I have a diamond x200 and a long wire.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

£37 on Amazon, £20 on E bay, found the sample version of it in PDF for free on google https://www.rsgbshop.org/acatalog/PDF/S ... Sample.pdf