Something to do in lockdown

Appin

Something to do in lockdown

Post by Appin »

Stuck in the house and looking for something to do.

I am working on my morse code.

There are good on line courses.

https://lcwo.net/

Appin
Bosworth

Re: Something to do in lockdown

Post by Bosworth »

I learnt morse code as a kid and for various Scout’s badges. So nostalgic and so useful. I’ll be dipping in :)
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

I love morse, to learn I use morse machine on android. Also on any android device you can change your keyboard from letters to a morse paddle. then every text is an oppertunity to practise. It's hidden in the assessability section
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

cbp125 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 am I love morse, to learn I use morse machine on android. Also on any android device you can change your keyboard from letters to a morse paddle. then every text is an oppertunity to practise. It's hidden in the assessability section
What! Thats fantastic! How do you change it back, though, do you have to remember the morse, or is that in the proper language?
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:54 am
cbp125 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 am I love morse, to learn I use morse machine on android. Also on any android device you can change your keyboard from letters to a morse paddle. then every text is an oppertunity to practise. It's hidden in the assessability section
What! Thats fantastic! How do you change it back, though, do you have to remember the morse, or is that in the proper language?
When you instal the morse keyboard it adds to the normal keyboards you have, and there is a button to change between them just in case you need to write a huge reply lol. The keyboards change just like the different language keyboards in case you want to type in german or french with the extra letters etc, or a chinese keyboard if your adventurous... On the morse keyboard the letters display in english so no you do not have to remember them and there is a cheat sheet if you forget a letter...!
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

cbp125 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:21 am
Arzosah wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:54 am
When you instal the morse keyboard it adds to the normal keyboards you have, and there is a button to change between them just in case you need to write a huge reply lol. The keyboards change just like the different language keyboards in case you want to type in german or french with the extra letters etc, or a chinese keyboard if your adventurous... On the morse keyboard the letters display in english so no you do not have to remember them and there is a cheat sheet if you forget a letter...!
Thats extremely useful, thank you (its also useful because I never knew how to type in French, which I sometimes need to do, and I know). Life is good!