Just a radio for the kitchen ....

Jamesey1981

Re: Just a radio for the kitchen ....

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Says in the listing that it has a 5 volt 1 amp power supply in the box, when it comes to the polarity it will be marked on the adaptor that comes with it, and possibly on the radio as well so that one would work the same way as mine does.

You can certainly use batteries, I just wanted the option to run it off the free power source in the shed, that way I can keep my batteries for when I'm sawing stuff up or hitting bits of metal with a hammer outside and I can't hear it if it's plugged in.

I can direct you to the right cable that will let you plug it into USB, I'd just need a picture of the plug on the adaptor next to a ruler, and a picture of the sticker on the adaptor, and that will give you the option to plug it into a USB power bank as well, just one more way of running it for not much money, I think my cable was about 90p and you might have a ferrite bead knocking around, they're the weird little things that you get on camera cables for plugging into USB or your TV, don't know if it's just me but I never throw away a wire....

The radio looks fine to me as it is, but being able to plug it into a power bank is one more option to keep it running if the power goes off, you won't be able to charge batteries in it as it wont have enough current or the charging circuitry but it'll run the radio.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
Arzosah

Re: Just a radio for the kitchen ....

Post by Arzosah »

I see that part of the listing now, thanks jamesey. Clicking on buy now :D I'll take pix and upload them when it arrives - I agree with you completely about options.