Looking for CB Beginner info

shocker

Re: Looking for CB Beginner info

Post by shocker »

Have a look at "Meet the Breakers" on youtube. Colin the Head and Steve Saxon keep the spirit of UKCB alive and bring a smile to your face ;)
*** NOW 30% LESS SHOCKING!!!***
Thewelp73

Post by Thewelp73 »

Hey there. I’m looking to buy my first CB and have seen one called CRT one N. Could anyone just let me know if it’s any good to start with. The price seems very good and the review page I looked at gave it a good review9.6 I think. Any advice would be great thanks
easy rider

Post by easy rider »

What's called a fag packet cb radio due to tiny size.
Had one and it was v good .
Their is a good YouTube by simonthewizzard about the crt version and how it can be expanded to cover hundreds more frequencies and power increase.
Power wise I wouldn't go their ,too little heatsink unless fan added ,heat can compromise a radio best to add a separate amp to up output especially on long overs.

Crt 2000 is a slightly bigger model ,same freq and they do a h version too more power and frequencies I believe.
I have the standard version.
I like it ,good audio ,not hot ,decent features.

How do you see the radio your looking for serve you ,what kind of uses situations .home-based mobile even portable ?. Also what kind of distance you wish to communicate .

One of the most important parts is the antenna also to consider.
Most cb perform same output , cashing in on that to it's max Is where good antennas come in along with coax choice.
Poor antenna will leave the radio deaf, poor transmission range so on.