2M/70CM ROLL UP J-POLE/SLIM JIM ANTENNA

Wingfoot

Re: 2M/70CM ROLL UP J-POLE/SLIM JIM ANTENNA

Post by Wingfoot »

Would it be possible to ask why so many innocuous posts have fallen foul of the moderators ?

Not looking for an argument, but would just like to know how such a simple conversation could be considered worthy of deletion.

Thanks
Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

It's quite simple. The chap used his business name to join the site that is considered spam. He was banned and his posts removed. He is welcome to join the site under a different name just so long as he does not promote his business.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Wingfoot

Post by Wingfoot »

I see.

I wrongly assumed that seeing as his membership must have been approved by a Moderator to begin with that it was OK.

As the original poster back in July of last year I would like to make it clear I started the thread in order to share what I considered to be a very good product at a reasonable price, I do not know the seller in any other way, other than as a customer, nor do I know anyone else who contributed to the thread, I also do not know how the seller found this forum, I guess a Google search must have brought it up.

I respect the Moderators decision, but feel the comms section of the forum is today a little poorer for the deletion of a knowledgeable & friendly new contributor.

Thanks for sharing your rationale, I don't think it's fully justified in this case, but as a forum member I have to respect the Mods decision, but I have to say it does not encourage me to post anything further.

I hope Shane chooses to sign back up, as I feel his expertise would only add to the knowledge here, but I wouldn't blame him if he simply walks away.

Cheers
Wf
Si vis pacem, para bellum
TheOldHObbit

Post by TheOldHObbit »

Wingfoot wrote:I see.

I wrongly assumed that seeing as his membership must have been approved by a Moderator to begin with that it was OK.

As the original poster back in July of last year I would like to make it clear I started the thread in order to share what I considered to be a very good product at a reasonable price, I do not know the seller in any other way, other than as a customer, nor do I know anyone else who contributed to the thread, I also do not know how the seller found this forum, I guess a Google search must have brought it up.

I respect the Moderators decision, but feel the comms section of the forum is today a little poorer for the deletion of a knowledgeable & friendly new contributor.

Thanks for sharing your rationale, I don't think it's fully justified in this case, but as a forum member I have to respect the Mods decision, but I have to say it does not encourage me to post anything further.

I hope Shane chooses to sign back up, as I feel his expertise would only add to the knowledge here, but I wouldn't blame him if he simply walks away.

Cheers
Wf
My thoughts exactly but I could not have worded them in such an articulate manner. I too feel obliged to follow the moderators decisions, after all, they must be right and what else are we to do, but it is a shame. The product was for me an essential bit of kit for any prepper who chooses to use the Baofeng 5r series radio. Just sling a string over a branch and hoist up a fantastic antenna extending your TXRX by a huge margin, and who knows this might be the difference between being rescued and not. Oh well, such is life. Would be a shame and a loss if you were to reduce your input........
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I'd like to think that Shane will sign up as "Shane" and carry on sharing his knowledge, I'm interested in one of those antenna.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Sorry for the upset, but our rules are indeed very clear. if Shane/NelsonsAntennas had come to us and asked about the possibility of promoting his business here, we could possibly have worked something out and maybe even got you guys a bit of discount on purchases. I'd also like to think he'll sign up as Shane because he definitely seemed very knowledgeable about his stuff. If any of you have done business with him and would like to contact him, please do so. Ask him to sign up as Shane or Nelson (so I know who it is) and we can take it from there.
TheOldHObbit

Post by TheOldHObbit »

Just as an update, I last posted in here in 2016 and a lot has changed since then. I passed my Foundation 4 years go (M6KVK) and have now developed my radio hobby for QRP field work. I run several different systems now and thoroughly enjoy building my own antennas. What I have learned will definitely help me as a prepper and has given my confidence to experiment.

I have built my own solar system and 12v storage battery system. I have also purchased a Clansman PRC320 and most of the ancillaries to go with it. It is really a very robust platform and takes me back to the 70's and 80's when I was using one for real.

I hope to go on learning and continue to get out regularly practicing my trade.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

No connection to the seller

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Antenna-S ... 1438.l2649 works a treat with the Boafeng.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
GreyMan123

Post by GreyMan123 »

I’ve got the Baofeng UV5RTP, this aerial sounds like a great investment!
The Baofeng covers VHF & UHF, are there any “cheap” radios that cover HF?
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Cheap HF? Depends on your budget, plenty of base station rigs going second hand for @£200 and up.

£400 get you a brand new Xiegu G90 and I highly recommend these rigs, perfect for mobile or base at home. Runs happily off cheap 12v gel batteries, 1-20w output, SDR, built in SWR meter, its perfect for digital FT8, built in Morse reader and an ariel tuner that will tune a wet lettuce leaf

No connection to seller https://www.sinotel.co.uk/index.php?mai ... cts_id=183
I got one of them and the service was first class. Ordered mid afternoon and it was on my doorstep the next morning.

Julian is a radio ham and a prepper, he does some very good videos, well worth looking at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCsU14R ... TNHamRadio

Another good video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHbZas ... RADIOSTUFF
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.