30 Water Supply. Completed

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
dazthechippy

Re: 30 Water Supply. Completed

Post by dazthechippy »

hi Deeps and folks, i wasnt being snidey intentionally, thats just a catch all term I use for a critical mass of people (great unwashed), probably should have said sheeple instead, I know you all wont be offended by that (hope).

either way, outcome is the same, just really want to avoid the bunfight that qoes with a rationing queue.

think we're all coming from the same place on that
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

dazthechippy wrote:hi Deeps and folks, i wasnt being snidey intentionally, thats just a catch all term I use for a critical mass of people (great unwashed), probably should have said sheeple instead, I know you all wont be offended by that (hope).

either way, outcome is the same, just really want to avoid the bunfight that qoes with a rationing queue.

think we're all coming from the same place on that
As I said mate, its why we prep, so we don't get caught out. Personally I don't buy into the notion that all non preppers (or sheeple or whatever you want to call them) will just throws their arms and legs in the air if things go pear shaped. Feeding and watering the family are pretty powerful motivators.
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Great water rationing Mighty! Inspiring stuff. I wish my hubby got into the prepping way a bit more you’re lucky your spouse is into it! During a water outage recently we managed with our small store of rainwater to flush the loo and small supply of water. It’s really alarming how quickly the shops ran out of bottled water. I’ve since got a few barrels which I need to clean and fill up. We can store them in the shed. We managed but I really need to expand our stash. Lesson learned.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Mad Scientist wrote:Great water rationing Mighty! Inspiring stuff. I wish my hubby got into the prepping way a bit more you’re lucky your spouse is into it! During a water outage recently we managed with our small store of rainwater to flush the loo and small supply of water. It’s really alarming how quickly the shops ran out of bottled water. I’ve since got a few barrels which I need to clean and fill up. We can store them in the shed. We managed but I really need to expand our stash. Lesson learned.

Perfect opportunity to push the boat out a little further "You know that water interruption we had and how quickly the shops ran out, well I've been thinking...."
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

featherstick wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Great water rationing Mighty! Inspiring stuff. I wish my hubby got into the prepping way a bit more you’re lucky your spouse is into it! During a water outage recently we managed with our small store of rainwater to flush the loo and small supply of water. It’s really alarming how quickly the shops ran out of bottled water. I’ve since got a few barrels which I need to clean and fill up. We can store them in the shed. We managed but I really need to expand our stash. Lesson learned.

Perfect opportunity to push the boat out a little further "You know that water interruption we had and how quickly the shops ran out, well I've been thinking...."
Ooh you manipulator. :lol: Got to agree, and we'll each know our other half's and how best to 'push' an agenda. Mrs Deeps will never be a cammed up warrior princess with a banzai headband and an AK47 in each hand but she's come on and is at least a bit more open to prepping. You do what you can on the home front.