Importance of a filter!

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
dazthechippy

Re: Importance of a filter!

Post by dazthechippy »

we moved house last year and bought our butts with us, we had a couple in line running off a shed - just thinking of a new design as they'll run from the house this time. I like the fish pond filter idea though.

I'm going to put hedgehog gutter guards up this year and try to catch as much rubbish as far up the water chain as I can but you can't get everything.

Our one small operational butt is on the front of the house in view of everyone in the cul de sac now we've cut the bushes back..

I'm not convinced that the sheeple will not even think about getting water from butts, to the unprepared mind I'd reckon that most people think water comes from the tap or a bottle so it's for me almost hiding in plain sight - just wont be draining it during daytime hours..

Prepping is all about thinking ahead, interpreting uses for things other than originally intended, oh and making that area down the side of your house look like Steptoes' yard as you keep things that may be useful someday.

good thread though ! thanks
Grumpy'sBetterHalf

Re: Importance of a filter!

Post by Grumpy'sBetterHalf »

What sort of tanks are you using?
I ask because you mentioned painting them with NATO paint to make them less opaque. We have 4 of the IBC cubes and we really do need to find some way of covering or painting them. What is NATO paint and where does one get it?