Stockpiling water.

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
Jackisback

Stockpiling water.

Post by Jackisback »

Please let me know how everyone here stockpiles water. I have a four day supply at my home but I have to replace it every couple of years. Does anyone have a water filtering static system or long life wate? If so, how do you get your hands on it? Thanks for any help!
preppingsu

Re: Stockpiling water.

Post by preppingsu »

Hi Jackisback,

Please pop over to the new members section and post an intro eg what are you prepping for etc.

Thanks.

Most of us have some water stored away. I replace every 6months to a year. Mostly stored in cleaned out pop bottles.

I also know where I can get fresh water locally.
I know how to build a basic water filter system but am currently saving for one of these beauties.

http://www.berkey-waterfilters.co.uk/co ... ter-system
unsure

Post by unsure »

su , how much are they , the big berky . as they appear to be sold out i cant see a price .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Hamradioop

Post by Hamradioop »

unsure wrote:su , how much are they , the big berky . as they appear to be sold out i cant see a price .

£229.00 currently sold out.
“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” ― Edward R. Murrow
"Remember Politicians are like babies diapers they both need changing often for the very same reason" - Mark Twain
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

unsure wrote:su , how much are they , the big berky . as they appear to be sold out i cant see a price .
When I checked a couple of days ago they were in stock with a price of 230.00 I think.
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

Forget about the big berky's, get a British Berkefeld instead, doesn't have the same quality problems with the candles/filters; spare filters are easier to get hold of and it's a fraction of the price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Gravi ... +berkefeld
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

This site has a bit more information

https://www.safariquip.co.uk/brands/british-berkefeld/
unsure

Post by unsure »

am i right in thinking these are much the same but with a decent price difference . the second option is nearly half the price .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Devonian

Post by Devonian »

unsure wrote:am i right in thinking these are much the same but with a decent price difference . the second option is nearly half the price .
Yes, they are exactly the same thing, just different brands and the more expensive Big Berky has had a lot of problems with quality issues on their candle filters over the last few years.

In my opinion, the British Berkefeld is better, but their is very little between them.
unsure

Post by unsure »

Devonian wrote:
unsure wrote:am i right in thinking these are much the same but with a decent price difference . the second option is nearly half the price .
Yes, they are exactly the same thing, just different brands and the more expensive Big Berky has had a lot of problems with quality issues on their candle filters over the last few years.

In my opinion, the British Berkefeld is better, but their is very little between them.
except about a third cheaper :lol: