Who does not have a BOB?

Got a question or suggestion about an EDC/BOB/GHB item, chat about it here.
jansman

Re: Who does not have a BOB?

Post by jansman »

I love to stir it up!Sparks debate!Personally I consider the contents of my pockets more important-when it goes wrong,it's a fair bet we will all be the wrong side of the tracks.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote:
diamond lil wrote:I'm not a person who believes in hauling a load of luggage round life anyway. We always went on holiday with one small bag, and I dont bother with a handbag much. I dont like loads of possessions and I could walk away from it all at any time. I always thought those people who sell everything then buy a boat and go round the world were living life the right way!
I KNEW I wasnt alone!
I don't have a BOB/GHB/EDK or any of that stuff. I do, however, have a large handbag full of crap which really needs a good sorting out... :oops: I will also put an emergency winter kit in the car, just to show willing. :mrgreen:
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

itsybitsy wrote:
I don't have a BOB/GHB/EDK or any of that stuff. I do, however, have a large handbag full of crap which really needs a good sorting out...
what is all that crap that women carry in their handbags anyway?? :lol: :lol:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

bulldogeagle wrote:
itsybitsy wrote:
I don't have a BOB/GHB/EDK or any of that stuff. I do, however, have a large handbag full of crap which really needs a good sorting out...
what is all that crap that women carry in their handbags anyway?? :lol: :lol:
Essential items. And all top secret! Men are not allowed in their lady's handbag(s) under any circumstances! :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

The Handbag is most certainly off-limits!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
luxor

Post by luxor »

i also plan to bug in.
but i also have a BOB,
there could be any number of reason why i would need to leave home in a hurry,
i would rather be able to leave at a moments notice with a BOB than leave with nothing and regret not having one.
better to have it and not need it,
than need it and not have it.
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

I'm still working on a BOB. I did make one but it was so heavy I couldn't lift the darned thing! I think I am going to go for more of an emergency evacuation bag, since for most events I would be planning on bugging-in. Especially as I probably wouldn't be 'allowed' to take the dogs with me if it was any kind of official evacuation.

Hmmm. Yes, I might do the emergency 'official' evacuation bag/grabandgo bag and put the camping stuff in one of those little suitcases on wheels ... sounds daft but at least I'd be able to walk with my equipment instead of staggering under the weight of a rucksack!
Quagmire

Post by Quagmire »

jansman wrote:I love to stir it up!Sparks debate!Personally I consider the contents of my pockets more important-when it goes wrong,it's a fair bet we will all be the wrong side of the tracks.
Exactly, your EDC items are a much better thing to concentrate your efforts on. Chances are, if some disaster does happen, you may be away from home/car, and things can develop so rapidly these days. Plus, for a lot of England, where can you bug out to?
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

Don't have one, mainly because I'm in one of the places folks would bug out to, and because if TSHTF, I'd prefer to stay put, utilise my crossbows and temper and capture a handful of slaves..erm...helpers, to cultivate the croftland. :D
BlinkingCory

Post by BlinkingCory »

Bump
:)

Nope, we don't have traditional BOBs.
We do have a holdall ready packed with clothes, money, insurance details, phone numbers, bank details etc
This is in the event of house fire, or somesuch similar event. It's enough to get us to a hotel or relatives and sustain us for a few days.

We don't have 'runtothehills' BOBs as we don't envisage any situation which would force us to do that. Besides, I'm more than aware of how difficult that would be. I'm a bit experienced with wild camping and to be frank, without a tent, tarp, sleep matts, 4 season sleeping bags, masses of thermals and extra clothes, I strongly suspect one or two nights in the middle of a bad winter would be enough to finish us off.
We'd need x2 100L BOBs stuffed to the gunnels and TBH the wife couldn't cope.
My camping Bergen is 100L, I keep it all season and ready to go for when the mood strikes me. I know from experience I carry enough and know the missus couldn't carry it :)
I applaud anyone for prepping for days in the woods, I just don't see how a BOB with a tarp and tiny sleeping bag is going to cut it over frozen winter nights.